Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bunny Flat Winter Access in Serious Jeopardy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 am 

Any response is good, even if its dipped in B.S.: CalTrans only plows the highways (I5, 89...) as far as I know. SRS is a funding issue but the bigger problem is, as Shasta G observed, the funds spent on litigation to preserve ancient dams that provide no real benefit to the county.

15,000 average # of summit bids a year. The number does not include day trips where no summit pass is purchased. I'm sure I'm alone on this but there are a few outlaws who end up above 10k on a day trip without purchasing a pass :thumpsup:

Thanks again for the support. Good to hear you hit up Brewer I was tempted that weekend but the warm temps sent me to the lake instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 pm 

shasta wrote:
Any response is good, even if its dipped in B.S.: CalTrans only plows the highways (I5, 89...) as far as I know. SRS is a funding issue but the bigger problem is, as Shasta G observed, the funds spent on litigation to preserve ancient dams that provide no real benefit to the county.

15,000 average # of summit bids a year. The number does not include day trips where no summit pass is purchased. I'm sure I'm alone on this but there are a few outlaws who end up above 10k on a day trip without purchasing a pass :thumpsup:

Thanks again for the support. Good to hear you hit up Brewer I was tempted that weekend but the warm temps sent me to the lake instead.

The supe mentioned that Jerry Brown is asking Caltrans to defund plowing - don't know if that is for specific regions or not or statewide. I asked him to forward me more specific information so that I could follow up with my state senate and assembly reps (Sen. Hancock and Assy. Swanson).

As far as # of summit bids, they can see from Nov through mid-July exactly how many are launching from Bunny or the ski resort and take that as a bare minimum number and inflate it by a multiplier (let's say 1.5) to estimate day trippers. It's not that hard to take 1 day and send an intern down with MS Excel to go through the records and come up with an estimate.

Temps were warm on 6/16-18 and riding was decent, not epic, not bad. Such an easy fast walk to get to snow, and such a straight shot up the mountain, from Brewer. So much more direct than Avy Gulch or West Face!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:26 pm 

Things are getting wild up in Norcal, any update on this?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 pm 

via twitter:

Chris Carr‏@shastaguides:
County Supes approved budget authority for plowing the Everett and Castle Lake access roads. Big ups for human powered recreation!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 pm 

schedler wrote:
via twitter:

Chris Carr‏@shastaguides:
County Supes approved budget authority for plowing the Everett and Castle Lake access roads. Big ups for human powered recreation!

addendum: Big ups for human powered recreation facilitated by heavy machinery!

haha, just breaking yer balls. Happy to hear the roads will be open this season.