Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: poor comunication with splitboarding related companies?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:02 pm 

Jomas wrote:
I never asked anyone for any advice on building snowboards, where did you get that from?

Sorry, you confused me when you said "I have already decided to build my own boards and have ordered material for 5 boards to experiment with" and you didn't specify what kind of "gear" you wanted to buy.

I thought you had decided to build your own boards prior to contacting the manufacturers and had hoped to buy the "gear" needed to assemble your boards. Why try to buy a splitboard AFTER deciding to make your own?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:36 pm 

No worries, I should have said "material" in place of "gear", which is more appropriate.

I think there is a general confusion. It went like this:

I wanted to buy a custom splitboard.

The companies I called needed on average 10 days and at least one follow up to get a first reply.

This frustrated me becauase building a personalized board is going to require good comunication, so it lead me to decide to build my own.

I want to try a few solid boards first because it will let me get a better idea of the stiffness different materials will give, and because I see it as being slightly easier to get right.

I am still waiting on the materials, and have picked up two splitboards already, but one will go to a friend and the other is on its way to me now.

In all probability I will still get a custom board built one day, but at least then I will know exactly what I want in a board.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:47 pm 

Credit where it's due, I had the pleasure of dealing with Bryce from Karakoram. A first message must have been lost in cyberspace, but after that it was instant feedback, great communications and great people to deal with.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 am 

I gotta give a huge shout out to Backcountry Access. I cross threaded the battery cover pin and broke-off the female part on my Tracker II. I sent them an email which was returned almost immediately by Kyle at BCA and he told me very graciously to send it in. Within a day or two after them receiving it, they shipped it back free of charge! I thought I was gonna have to come up with another $300 bucks but ended up with a less than $3 shipping charge. STOKED!! Thanks Kyle and BCA!