Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems ordering from The House?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 am 

Has anyone ever had any issues ordering from The House? (www.the-house.com). I placed an order for a Voile Universal kit, paid via Paypal, they took the money, then sent me an email telling me that they will not ship the item to the address I supplied because it's not my billing address. I'd rather not have a $160 product sitting on my front porch all day while I'm at work, so I get things shipped to my office.

Either way, I was pretty unimpressed that they billed me before shipping the item, then refused to ship it.

Post subject: Re: Problems ordering from The House?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:15 pm 

Hi Ross,

I placed a mock-order and saw this on the check-out screen.

"NOTE: If the shipping address is different from the billing address, or if this is an international order, there could be a delay in your shipment due to credit card company verification procedures."

Did the email say the wont ship your order to the separate address at all? Did they give you any other options in the email to verify you? If they ship it to your billing address can signature be required so it's not left on the door? You'd have to go get it at the local pick up but it may be better than having it left at the door?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:32 pm 

I have had stuff shipped to Australia from them. I was a long and drawn out process compared to all the other shops I have used, from memory it took about 10 days of email communication to sort it out. Most shops its one click of the mouse, maybe one or 2 emails.
In the end it all worked out but if I could have got my product elsewhere I surely would have, it would have been so much easier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:45 pm 

They said that they would ship to my house, but I'm going to be out of town so I put my office address for shipping. Have never had issues with any other vendors, even using Paypal. I did talk to a nice customer service rep who canceled my order and sent through a refund. She mentioned that if I used their payment system instead of Paypal they'd happily ship it to the alternate address.