Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Chimera Customer Service RULES!!!

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chimera Customer Service RULES!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:07 pm 

Chimera Customer Service RULES!!! :bow:

Just want to give a shout out to Alister at Chimera and let everyone in the splitboard.com community know how great Chimera has been to deal with.

I jumped at the opportunity to grab one of the early pre-order boards. I liked the versatile shape of the Sceptre 165 and wanted to add something more flexible to the quiver.  I have a Blaho Bros Never Summer Factory Titan 169 split and a Prior Spearhead 166 split.  The NS is great for firm snow and fast riding, i.e. spring chuting sprees. The Spearhead is a great pow tool, i.e. February in Wasangelas, but I needed something in between.  The Sceptre fits that role perfectly and is lighter than both my other boards.

Anyway, I'm a "husky" fella at 6'1" and 220 lbs and pretty hard on my boards and have been a die hard NS guy for my resort boards for years because they hold up.  I managed to put a pretty good wallop on my Sceptre after only a handful of days and delamed an edge.  Nice thing about "buying local" is after a quick email, Alister had me stop in with my ~6 year old NS split that is "well used" and my delammed Sceptre.  

We chatted and looked over my old boards and the delam on the Sceptre, I was expecting Alister would glue it up and send me in my way. Instead Alister offered to rebuild me a board and a loaner as long as I needed it.  Not only did Alister rebuild the board, he researched materials and construction techniques, and built me a new board with a few new materials and tricks.  I am beyond STOKED!!!  I'll check back after I put some abuse on the new stick, but it looks pretty damn solid.

And he did all of this between his day job, traveling to splitfests and his big trip to AK.

Big thanks to Alister and Chimera! It doesn't hurt that their boards ride great as well! 

Cheers,
UB

Post subject: Re: Chimera Customer Service RULES!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:22 pm 

nice UB

I really dig the Sceptre, in fact it is one of my favorite snowboards i've been on! for a smaller rider like me the flex is ideal.

If anyone has the chance to check at chimera board out at a demo or splitfest, take one for a spin. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm 

Yeah, bought the Sceptre without riding one, I was torn between the Mace and the Sceptre, but decided the Mace was too much like my NS Titan.

Alister stiffened up my first Sceptre a little, And he took the rebuild a little stiffer than that. I think I'll really like it. I really liked the first one, but a little more stiffness will be perfect.

I really like the flat camber and rocketed tip. It still skins well but floats great and is nice and smear-able.

It's just rad to see someone take the time and make changes to build me a board for my needs, rather than just building me a copy that I may damage the same way again.

Chimera is good peeps.

UB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:43 pm 

Awesome to hear.. My second split will likely be a Mace, one of these days...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:55 pm 

Would love to consider Chimera as a new split, especially the Mace and Unicorn Chaser, however with size 13 boots, I need something wider than 256mm waist. Love to see a split-specific company, especially with the outstanding customer service, which is a big selling point for me, but make some wide models! Hopefully as the company grows, they will offer more sizes to include longer boards as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 pm 

I've had a little time with the Chimera Sceptre too and I'm really digging it. Much like wastach surf, being smaller I like the softer flex too.

I'll be doing a little interview/write up on Alister and Chimera soon, stay tuned! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:54 pm 

+1 on the wider options, big boots here too

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:27 am 

idtmcp542 wrote:
Would love to consider Chimera as a new split, especially the Mace and Unicorn Chaser, however with size 13 boots, I need something wider than 256mm waist. Love to see a split-specific company, especially with the outstanding customer service, which is a big selling point for me, but make some wide models! Hopefully as the company grows, they will offer more sizes to include longer boards as well.

jerrett wrote:
+1 on the wider options, big boots here too.

Never hurts to call and ask. Chimera is basically a 1 man show with several friends and volunteers helping out. Alister put it best, "there is only one paid employee, and it's not me, it's Carston..." Carston is a local skier that helps Alister out from time to time.

I'm sure if he got some feedback from enough folks needing a wider board they could whip something up. They make a lot of prototypes with funky shapes if you follow their facebook page.

UB