Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: March Meltdown Affiliate Sales
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:05 pm 

^^^ Typically I would have to take down links to retailers that do not support splitboard.com as its not fair to the retailers that do but Down The Middle is splitboard.com member and friend Monk151 so I'm going to let it slide. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:31 pm 

Hopefully you got to wet your beak off my midnight shopping spree too... I guess I could start a Venture demo center out of my garage now. Especially with the addition of:
Venture Odin-R 173
Venture Zephyr 159 for my lady
and, why not go ahead and check out the Voile Lightrails too while I'm at it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:59 pm 

Just a note on the dogfunk sale. Evo will match the prices on the discount code.

I had just ordered a new solid board for my wife on Evo using their price match. I tried BC.com but they wouldn't price match. Found out about the discount code this morning from a coworker and the same board was available and cheaper on dogfunk. Weird 4 days earlier and BC.com would have gotten the sale. Evo refunded the difference without question.

Low-tide year = gear blowouts I suppose. Nuts how cheap things are going for.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:53 pm 

Oops, I bought a solid Odin. I did need a solid board though, so thanks! Riding my powder specific split fish inbounds after it starts to get choppy is getting old :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:11 pm 

Bah... Just dropped $1k at dogfunk on monday for the Solution and misc, but because I bought the last of the size I needed, they wont honor the coupon. $350 lost :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 pm 

AdamBQ wrote:
Bah... Just dropped $1k at dogfunk on monday for the Solution and misc, but because I bought the last of the size I needed, they wont honor the coupon. $350 lost :(

did you chat in and ask? in general we have been making some pretty big leaps to allow that dog funk code to work for people.

as an employee of backcountry.com these god damn codes have been ruining my life. so i'll give some education. most of the grief comes from moms in the midwest moms tying to buy 12 north face denali's and not intelligent people like the folks on splitboard.com

these codes only work already on-sale items. this means that the variant of the item (size/color) you are wanting has to be on sale as well. I'm guessing with AdamBQ's issue that size variant was not on sale otherwise I would have no idea why that coupon wouldn't work.

Also backcountry will price match but rarely if it is over 30% off as we have to make some profit and our return policy is pretty damn generous. i.e. for a $6.99 return label you can be on a brand new set up every season.

anyway just thought I would share and if you ever need some gear from us I work sat/sun afternoon evening and monday mornings. Use the splitboard.com affiliate link to go to backcountry.com, Chat in and ask for Dan G. and I will see what I can do to hook you guys up! :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:36 pm 

Good to know Dan and thanks for chiming in. :thumbsup:

Thanks for also reccommending our readers go through the splitboard.com backcountry.com link as well but if they have a coupon code it won't do splitboard.com any good as I learned the hard way with this sale. lol

See you at Baker! :headbang:

ps. Special thanks to splitter aliasptr for throwing splitboard.com a couple bones when this came to light after scoring some sweet deals from my post too. You rock. :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:09 pm 

So to be fair to DogFunk.com this is what ended up happening, and I am pretty happy.

I was pretty peeved and frustrated that they didn't do the price match based on the fact that the one that I bought was their last unit 3 hours before the sale started, and because I bought the last one they couldn't price match it.

After looking around I found a 40% off coupon at DeptOfGoods, and they had everything in stock so I though, "GREAT, 40% is still a smoking deal ". Went and chatted and they refused based on "Cannot price match after an item has shipped". I challenged them on that as 2 hours before they price matched the skins down (2 days after shipping), so then they said they could not based on the difference in return policies. At this point I basically just pleaded some basic customer service, and the fact that no matter how you looked at it, had I waited 3 hours I would have been WAY better off, and in fact I would just return the board, incur shipping costs, and buy the board from Dept of Goods. THis is bad for them as they now had two pieces of distressed inventory tied up they can't sell.

The Rep asked for a couple minutes and came back and gave me the difference up to the 40% off. So I think that it was pretty fair, i DID have to overcome 2 of their objections before they did it, but at the end I am very happy and glad they took care of me. Already referred 4 people there today to buy new gear.

Jones Solution, G3s and Voile kit for $750 including shipping to canada.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:20 pm 

AdamBQ wrote:
So to be fair to DogFunk.com...

Fair? You mugged 'em! :shock:

Burton Spliff 148
Voile Mojo RX 166
BD, G3, and Gecko skins
Sparks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 pm 

philip.ak wrote:
AdamBQ wrote:
So to be fair to DogFunk.com...

Fair? You mugged 'em! :shock:

+1!
Freakin' great deal!

K2 Panoramic 158
Lib Tech TRS 154 solid
BD Traverse poles
Mammut Barryvox Pulse
Oakley Airbrake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:44 pm 

Thought I had a zephyr 159 for 460, got emailed the next day to be told it wouldn't be coming.... :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:24 am 

Sending back the zephyr split I got, its a 25 waist and advertised as a 26 on tactics. I even emailed them confirming it was the 26 waist, but no good to me sadly. I got it for $580, would've been such a killer deal!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:38 pm 

I picked up a Jones HC Split from Showcase Snowboards in Vancity last week for a fair chunk off the sticker price

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next