Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Long time lurker just got my first split
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:51 pm 

Newbie here, been lurking\searching on this forum for awhile now but now that I actually have a split I'm gonna try and post without looking too dumb.

Picked up a 2010 Neiva Escape 163 DIY split off of craigs list for 200$ last friday with the Voile slider plate kit, seller said it only has 3 days of touring(was leaving the state and needed cash) on it and I can believe it since there isn't a real scratch in either the topsheet or base and the hardware all looks new. Either way for 200$ which included marker skins I'm not going to complain, another splitboard.com forum member helped me talk him down to 200$ from 375$(Thanks Snowvols!)

Going to upgrade to the new Spark's(Edisons) this summer and some K-Clips(opinions?) but for now I'm pretty much set.

Were only in Utah for another 45 days hope to get out almost every weekend from here on out until we leave in April.

Post subject: Re: Long time lurker just got my first split
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:50 pm 

Could be wrong but I'm not sure there's anything been said, or any garuntee, that the Spark R&D Edison's are being developed for retail next fall. Those are test samples, and not production samples. Might be another season before they're released.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:32 am 

Hey Hikeswithdogs, what kinda dogs do you shred with?

I got a lazy berner that I shred with on the shorter tours. I'll skin the dog over walking the dog anyday!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:16 am 

phreadi wrote:
Could be wrong but I'm not sure there's anything been said, or any garuntee, that the Spark R&D Edison's are being developed for retail next fall. Those are test samples, and not production samples. Might be another season before they're released.

Yea I was wondering about that, no one seemed to know when they would be available either way I'll just deal with what I have until they hit the market or I can get a good deal on existing sparks, beggars can't be choosers I guess.

efaville wrote:
Hey Hikeswithdogs, what kinda dogs do you shred with?

I got a lazy berner that I shred with on the shorter tours. I'll skin the dog over walking the dog anyday!

Cool love Bernards hope to get a more tour worthy dog some day maybe a long hair GSD we'll see.

I have a pug\bull dog X and a lab\pitt X unfortunately neither of them could come with us to Utah this winter(apartment) but we already found a place with a a yard to live next winter where at least the lab can come with us so were looking forward to that, hard being away from the dogs for 4-5 months at a time. :-(

nice to meet you guys thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:08 am 

The Spark Edison will not be available in the fall. I think you are probably looking at more of a January-February release. From what I understand, Will has a couple more things he really wants to get dialed in before releasing it to the public. This is a good thing.