Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Speedy Transitions
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 pm 

The only reason to worry about being fast transitioning is if there's some tele kooks coming to poach your freshies! I get impatient with partners sometimes but that's just because I'm a super impatient person and want to shred really bad or am gripped and want to get it over with (or if I think someone is gonna snake my line) I have split partners who are way faster than me too and I don't rush to try to keep up with them. Being rushed in the backcountry defeats the whole purpose. There's really no reason to have to transition as fast as skiers. I'm actually slow sometimes cuz I don't really have a system and I always change into goggles, tighten my boots, etc...I'd rather waste extra time to make sure my riding experience is going to be as good as I can make it.
If I had to give one piece of advice though it's to have a ice scraping tool always handy. I use a Voile skin trimmer tool.

I am excited about having Karakoram's and geckos now. If we could just get some faaaacking snow maybe I could use 'em more.

Post subject: Re: Speedy Transitions
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:57 am 

BGnight wrote:
Being rushed in the backcountry defeats the whole purpose....I'd rather waste extra time to make sure my riding experience is going to be as good as I can make it.

That's about where I'm at. I don't get what the rush is sometimes and I tend to get a bit anti if blokes push too hard for no reason (that i know of anyway). This group seem like good guys though so I'll just lay low and do what I can.

I'll figure out if it'll work at the start and go from there. It's a big place and I met some people there before so I've got some options.

I've been doing this trip in my head for a while though so it's :thumbsup: . Will do on the ice scraper, the tool that came with my Alpine skins looks like the same sort of thing, thanks!

shredgnar :lol: , sound advice.