Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my soon to be new board??????
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:39 am 

wicked site folks!!... spent much time poring over these pages daydreaming about future turns, geography (the UK and NZ) and injury have deprived me of my long needed fix of pow for nearly 3 years! :cry:

happily i can tell that this is all about to change with the season ahead. moving back to the kootenays in Canada (had to emigrate to guarantee the freshies :D ) any one here ride in the area and got any suggestions over my board choice
real excited about a new stick and hanging up the shoes for a while, however one couloir review and a bunch of scrutinised posts later and i'm still stumped..
I'm size 10 US (dislike wide boards) and 155lbs
somedays i lean towards the khyber, all over the mountain riding, trees are great! the 160 or the 165 given the weight of a multiday pack??
the new mountain gun 161, would it be long enough for me given the above?
a prior split 65 with maybe the waist custom narrowed by a cm or less? what r the possible drawbacks of getting this done. would the board still make a good powder board and agile enough through the trees??
my real goals with this season is to get out on as many multiday trips as possible so this is part of my dilema over board stick choice
questions questions. thanks in advance for any suggestions?? i'm just not getting anywhere with this. I currently ride a 64 option signature from a few years back and have considered splitting this also. the quiver is the real solution i guess but that will come in time
i'd like to try a few boards before buying but now im running short of time.
taking part in an assessed 7 day avi course and i need to get up to a competant enough level of skinning with the month i have prior to the course commences (fortunately i have planned to avoid work for the winter so i've got a little xtra time.. har har).
anyways once again great site and thanks for any advice.