Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this where I come to bitch about TTips?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:15 pm 

Edit: Okay I'm feeling better now. Rant removed. Sorry if you missed it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:31 pm 

NO, this is where you come to read about gear, good spots to drop and plan with others. I do some lurking at ttips and do post there on occasion. I dont go near the OT thread because of the way us Americans have become about politics. If you notice there are NO political topics here. Lets keep it that way. Im new to this forum in respect to others. But i think this board/ site was started because of excess chatter on ttips about non related topics. So with that said WELCOME. Whatsyou favorite chute/ mountain? How long you been a tmarker? I will say as a life long snowboarder I think telemark is pure style and original. I dont know about others, but when Im on a steep slope and a tmarker comes by in my head I say thank you. Not to the individual but the line of thinking. I realize without tmarkers I wouldnt be here (snowboarding in the backcountry). So, who gives a damn about what religion you are or who you voted for. We ask, did you have a good run? what was the snow like? Do you want to go there next month ect. Again Welcome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:38 pm 

NO, this site is about Trip Reports, Splitfests (all skiers welcome also) Trip partners ect. If you notice there are no "political" boards here. Lets keep it that way. I do lurk at ttips and on occasion I post over there, but the site has a lot of chatter that most here think doesnt belong on a ski website. In fact I believe this site was formed because of the excess chatter. Here you are not judged by religion or who you voted for , if fact your not judged at all. Double post, dumb questions and the like wont get you verbally assaulted here. As far as I know you really dont have to spell correctly. Just enjoy and welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:39 pm 

NO, this site is about Trip Reports, Splitfests (all skiers welcome also) Trip partners ect. If you notice there are no "political" boards here. Lets keep it that way. I do lurk at ttips and on occasion I post over there, but the site has a lot of chatter that most here think doesnt belong on a ski website. In fact I believe this site was formed because of the excess chatter. Here you are not judged by religion or who you voted for , if fact your not judged at all. Double post, dumb questions and the like wont get you verbally assaulted here. As far as I know you really dont have to spell correctly. Just enjoy and welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:40 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:42 pm 

And on top of that, you can even post 4 times. What the hell is up with that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:48 pm 

Is there an echo in here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:00 pm 

patroller420 wrote:
In fact I believe this site was formed because of the excess chatter.

I think a larger factor was that the progressive free-loving hippies at TTips love to bash snowboarders, especially BCR. And also it just made sense for the growth of the sport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:32 pm 

To anwer your first question, no this is not the place to bash TTips. In fact, you'll find several of us splitboarders actually enjoy TTips (including BCR). I'll speak for him when I say that he created this site to have a place for splitboarders to bullshit about...splitboarding.

Quote:
My relationship with TTips is like that of an ex-girlfriend that I still want to ...

And you wonder why someone might take offense to your posts? Maybe you should check out TGR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:53 am 

Come on Gaper, you know this isn't the place for that.

I missed the rant but if it was bad enough to make you want to edit it, them I'm glad you did. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:35 am 

I tend to agree with the replies to this post... I'm a casual user but as the snow starts, and I get more splitty experience I plan to chime in. And why I like this place is that its got a good vibe with really no negativity at all. I hope it stays that way! 8) And yeah... a deviation into politics can really bring the worst out in people (and a website) that are overly passionate about thier beliefs but do not know how to speak their views w/o going into attack mode... I know... I have over 4000 posts on another mtb website (within special pol forum there) and its an absolute shark tank where only 3 or 4 out of 100 people can discuss anything without being absolutely crass. Nothing really gets decided, its all a p!$$ contest... Anyway... no politics here please. This site is great now. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:29 pm 

This thread was kind of a troll ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:53 pm 

Your an ass. :wink: