Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spark Verts
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:36 pm 

sounds like you need to grease those pigs! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:08 am 

If you are splitting and have a pair of verts, the idea of kicking in your binding to climb a steep coulior is sketchy. Can potentially damage the toe strap or break a buckle. The added convenience is nice, but feel I would have more control with a smaller risk of damaging equipment with the Original Verts. I've heard great things about them, I don't have a small, agile pair of snowshoes. Leaning towards the original Verts, would be nice in the Spring too, just right up something in my boots and a full board(non-split)

Anyone rocking this setup?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:29 pm 

I am a huge fan of Verts... There are some days when i bring them and they don't leave my pack. But then there are those tours where they are absolutely essential. Its either balls deep post hole'n or easy ascending with the Verts. You really have to pick and choose the right days when to bring them. Steep and deep pow couloirs here in utah are a perfect match for the verts. Who wants to ride back down a zig-zagging skin track down the chute you worked so hard to get up!

Here's a photo of my original verts, i have since bolted pucks on and it is great having no bindings on the backpack. I see no problem having the binding on the verts, in fact, the side-hilling and climbing in general seems way more stable and efficient then the flimsy straps the original verts use.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 am 

Thanks for the input. If that is the case it looks like the new Verts with the pucks will be the most versatile and logical. Only downside would be to use them as regular snowshoes or to bring a full solid board on some adventures.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:40 am 

I am a little concerned about breaking straps, but the conditions I would choose to use them in wouldn't require much kicking and pow is pretty forgiving in the steep chutes.

Rider11: I love my split bindings and would rather use them instead of resort bindings. That being said...you could mount pucks on your solid...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:23 pm 

so upon further investigation I tried to slide the other(left) Spark binding on and it fit perfect on both Verts...The right Spark binding does not fit, not even close, will have to grind pucks down to get it to fit....looks like the right spark binding has a narrower track then the left!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:33 pm 

Your bindings fit your board pucks right? Your should let spark or betts know! You shouldn't have to do that. Is the spark puck bolted to the vert deck?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:36 am 

I had to grind down the voile pucks on my splitboard...at the time I thought it was the voile pucks that were off and not the bindings...I might be contacting spark soon...although if I get new bindings I will have to replace all the pucks as well, doh!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:10 pm 

Sounds like the bindings are the issue. Are those baseplates folded, cast or machined? You should let spark know. The variance in those plastic parts should be very minimal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:27 am 

There was a video on Spark Bindings at a tradeshow? where they showed the Verts interface with the Spark bindings, but I cannot find it. It is only a 10 second piece within the video. I did find [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-whyTfBb5M]this one/[url] - see minute 1:38this one, but it does not show the sliding action.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:25 am 

I've been singing the praises of Verts for well over 10 years now. I've beat the crap out of them and they're still going strong. I take them on probably almost half of my split tours. People who knock 'em... just haven't tried them in the conditions they are made for. For the rest of us, they are like a secret pow weapon. They also work surprisingly well in many other conditions. I've used them in places where you would think only crampons would work (not necessarily recommended, just sayin' they work).

Just picked up a pair of the Spark ones. Glad to see them finally back in production and looking forward to trying them with a binding. Tried doing that myself years ago, and back then the binding weight was so much higher, it felt like having a bucket of cement on each foot. Should be better now. I can see the concern about possible binding damage, will have to see how that goes.

Oh yeah... turns out Verts also work great on giant pumice hills! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:09 am 

Work Great :thumpsup:

i had millling sliderpucks on my board

more news in german wirten...

http://www.wildschnee.de/

Burton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 pm 

Are the Spark Verts very different from the other Verts?

I have a set of the yellow-strap Verts, and may find some left over Voille gray pucks (not sure if and where I kept them). Is it worth the effort to dig out the pucks to try to fit on the original Verts?

Or am I better off just selling the original and getting the Spark Verts?

Thank you
Ivo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next