Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:17 pm 

Need Verts? Try calling The Backcountry in Truckee, CA @ 888-625-8444. The last time I was in there, they had at least 3-5 pairs hanging on the wall. Good luck! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:22 pm 

Yoda wrote:
Need Verts? Try calling The Backcountry in Truckee, CA @ 888-625-8444. The last time I was in there, they had at least 3-5 pairs hanging on the wall. Good luck! :wink:

Thanks, I'll call'em tomorrow, & let everyone know how many are left. :wink:

Mumbles, hopefully that was you who snagged the last pair from Boardroom?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:40 pm 

I spoke to Mike the owner of The Backcountry. He knows Pete who makes the Verts. According to Mike the Verts are not in production; however, Mike can possibly have Pete make up a batch specially for them. Currently The Backcountry is out of stock, but Mike said that he will try to order them asap. They will post them on their website when they get them; however, it all depends if Pete is willing to produce them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 am 

TK, I hope the Boardroom had one pair when I placed my order. They charged my CC for the transaction. We shall see. If Truckee ends up getting some and Boardroom is a bust I will still be in need.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:12 pm 

Grrr,

That sux.
Even if Pete says she's a go'er we'll still be waiting half a season.

Are these things even patentable? Someone should just take one (w/ puck mod) in to a place that does injection molding and have a batch made up just for us.

As long as its done @ cost, knowone should get sued too badly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:03 pm 

C3 Design Innovatons looks to be the co-designer and producer of the Verts. http://www.c3di.com/projects.html (scroll down to find Verts)

C3 could possibly hold the rights to the Verts design and thus possibly reproduce it at a given cost. It would most likely require a minimum for any production runs, but it could be worth investing in. What's not clear is if the product design is patented in any way and who actually owns the design (Pete or C3). If C3 holds the rights to this product, then maybe we can contact them directly about reproduction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:24 pm 

Pete is C3. No?

Edit: @ least thats what i assumed after noticing Verts & C3's contact info was the same.

Edit#2: Yup, pete*nospam*@c3di.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:51 pm 

Someone should try to get in touch with Pete before going off on a patent/lawsuit goosechase. I know there was at least one guy at splitfest in Utah a couple years back who knew him personally. Every time I talked to him on the phone he was really helpful, and he seemed like a real stand-up guy. Last time I was in touch with him was about a year and a half ago.

I really hope Verts aren't dead, because then I will have a lot less to talk about on this forum. :)

I do have a couple spare Vert decks, but I've been meaning to call Pete about getting straps for them (that is the only thing that has broken on my original pair in almost 10 years of abuse). I had the extra decs because I was trying a mod for mounting the Burton split interface directly to the deck. Speaking of which, TK I would not suggest having the puck mod be part of the design (having it be an option would be cool though). In my case, I thought it was too heavy having the binding mounted to the Vert deck. Others have been OK with it, but it's definitely personal preference.

I am not 100% sure, but I think that Pete is C3. I know that the check I wrote for my Verts back in '98 was made out to "Carney Composites Company", which would seem to link Pete Carney and C3. (See, entering all that stuff in Quicken all these years was useful!) Also, the contact number listed on the Verts site is the same as the one on the C3 site.

Verts. They freakin' rule!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:56 pm 

TK wrote:
Pete is C3. No?

Edit: @ least thats what i assumed after noticing Verts & C3's contact info was the same.

Edit#2: Yup, pete*nospam*@c3di.com

Good lookin' out! That one slipped by me. :roll: We'll just have to wait and see if anyone can make contact and get him producing. I did send them an e-mail today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed he'll respond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:22 pm 

jimw wrote:
...he seemed like a real stand-up guy.

Cool. I'll try and call him again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:51 pm 

I still have not heard from theboardroom where I orderd a board vice for repairs and a set of verts. I may well have gotten lucky and gotten their last pair.

Should they not be available, I'm going to home fabricate something but not really intending for production. Maybe Pete and/or C3 if they are or are not one in the same just decided to take a break from making a good product, thought the market was saturated, or wanted more time for himself. At any rate I will be interested in the results of each of your attempts to contact him.

Meanwhile, I will await a package in the mail and update anyone if it actually arrives with a pair of verts or just a board vice and backorder slip.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:33 am 

Pete is a good friend of mine. Yes, C3DI is Pete's company, pretty much a 1 person deal. I don't know the current status of the Verts - I know Pete is busy and Verts are pretty much a hobby/sideline for him. He does have all the tooling and I don't think it is very hard for him to shoot more - the hard part is finding time to do it. He might have an inventory. Rather than guessing and threatening, why don't you just contact him at 801-281-1331 or pete@c3di.com?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:41 am 

I'd order 2 pairs, and I'd be willing to pay extra since they have small profit margins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next