Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:41 am 

Many people don't like the idea. I know it's not complicated, but people are weary of international customers sometimes, they think it's probably fraud most of the time. I deal with it a lot on ebay, usually you have to pass on like 3 listings of an item till you find someone willing to ship.

As for sandboarding - I was told it's lame, I even managed to convince my south america partner to skip Ica. Either way, we have one serious dune here in Israel, and it's roughly a 100m vertical drop, so not much fun.

I'll make it to seattle eventually, I've many friends there I'd like to visit, but that'll probably be next year.

This year I'm going to be a nomad, but the USA is not on the list. Once the winter is over I go to Italy and also Austria to visit my grandparents, and then Taiwan and Japan to visit more friends and attend a conference.

Post subject: Sand is surely not snow...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:02 pm 

NM,

sand is certainly not snow, but I used to hit the superdune with my snowboarding girlfriend, now wife, regularly when there was nowhere to travel to, it kept the muscle memory sound for riding and was easy to get to. There is also the added fitness benefit of hiking back up turn after turn in the sand. I would never take a "sandboarding trip" over a snowboarding trip, but hey, it was in my backyard, so I rode it.

Safe travels our Isralei Nomad, enjoy the multiple stops on your journey.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:12 pm 

Well, the sand and the snow are both 2 hrs drive away, just in different directions =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermon

You can't access the BC anymore nowadays, since the last lebanon war they don't give out permits, but maybe one day I will splitboard in Israel.

It's really funny to go to the resort, I went there once and saw these buff elite forces guys with white uniforms (including white glacier glasses ^_^) skiing in a row on approach skis with mountaineering boots, learning how to make a pizza. They're lack of confidence was very amusing in contrast to how equipped they were.

Post subject: Making a pizza is funny as hell
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:30 pm 

NM, I like the pizza reference, it paints a good picture.

Can't we all just share the snow? You have issues with it there that are more sensitive than the posts here about the ski only resorts, but the bottom line is the same, snow should not be owned...but enjoyed by anyone who has the desire to play in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:51 pm 

Well, it's not so much about ownership as it is about "security".

My dad used to be an army medic with a unit that did ambushes in that area. They basically lie in the snow and wait, not moving at all, until one of them gets symptoms of hypothermia, and then they go back.

At night they open fire on anything bipedial without a warning, unless they were specifically briefed about outdoor activities, which, before the war, were limited to snow travel courses in the day time, whose groups may have accidentally gotten stranded somehow.

Post subject: My VERTS just shattered
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:44 pm 

I hope you all who were looking for VERTS used those links and found yours. Now I'm in search of another pair. After a decade or more of lugging mine around in a variety of hiking and boarding situations one of my shattered to pieces on my last trip. Just using it like normal, I guess even that plastic has lifespan limitations.

I have scoured the net for other sources and it seems that the two craig's list ads where I found VERTS available last week have suddenly been sold.

My next DIY mod will be to make a set myself. I have been eyeballing two rubbermaid step stools that will soon be sacrificed at the hands of my PVC saw and I will make my own. I think I will even mount my old interface hardware on them to allow a quick swap from skin to ride to step stool snowshoes.

I'm glad that I did not sell them to nothingmuch for his $2 offer or to one of you. You would have been out in the steep and deep hoping to ascend to great heights and ended up on a shattered vert and postholed up to your who knows where.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:48 pm 

Quote:
Lifetime deck replacement warranty! You crack it, we'll replace it.

-- http://www.verts.com/ordering.htm

maybe try giving them a call?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:39 pm 

nothingmuch,

Their web site has not been updated since about two years ago. I will call, but others have said they call and never get through. It is worth a shot. If not, I'm building my next pair, I already have the parts in mind.

Post subject: Verts at Boardroomjacksonhole.com under $70
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:00 pm 

I broke one of my verts after about a decade. I just did the old faithful boolean search on the web. If you need a pair go to www.boardroomjacksonhole.com and you can get a pair for under $70. If you buy over a hundred bucks shipping via ground is free.

I'm glad that I found a place to replace my own set after many faithful years of getting me up some steep slopes.

According to my order it went through and does not show them on backorder or discontinued status as most other sites have ended up at dead ends.

Get VERTS, stop post holeing up to your @$$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:05 am 

Unfortunately they don't seem to ship to Israel...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:12 am 

Invest in a phone call, maybe they will. If not buy them and send them to one of your riding mates here and have them send them to you in Israel. Hell, so long as all it costs me is a trip to the post office I would send them.

Post subject: Re: Verts at Boardroomjacksonhole.com under $70
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:58 pm 

Mumbles wrote:
I broke one of my verts after about a decade. I just did the old faithful boolean search on the web. If you need a pair go to www.boardroomjacksonhole.com and you can get a pair for under $70. If you buy over a hundred bucks shipping via ground is free.

I'm glad that I found a place to replace my own set after many faithful years of getting me up some steep slopes.

According to my order it went through and does not show them on backorder or discontinued status as most other sites have ended up at dead ends.

Get VERTS, stop post holeing up to your @$$.

I'd call'em & make sure. Apperantly The Boardroom does'nt update thier site much either.
When i called today they said they were all gone :cry:

The search continues....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:24 pm 

Damn TK, are you putting a reality raincheck on my new year? I will try to give them a call and see if they will in fact be coming, backordered indefinitely or not coming at all. Thanks for the update.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next