Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voile pole/scraper. Has anyone used these?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:01 pm 

http://www.amazon.com/Voile-Decision-3- ... 17&sr=8-14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:52 pm 

Yes I do. The scraper works great and the pole is reliable. I never had any problems with it jamming up or slipping loose. Maybe the best in that category.

The one drawback. When collapsed the poles don't lock down. That was fine for 99% of the season. On a late April day I was out with Iridepow on Berthoud Pass. We were doing some beaters launching ouselves off of some boulders and stuff with what turned out to be fairly flat landings. Irides poles flew apart when he tumbled. So he had to gather them up and restrap them to his pack. Then beatered again a short time later and the same thing happened. If others in our group hadn't of seen them fly he could of easily ridden off and never known they were gone until we were at the car.

I am still using my Voile poles, but when I go to get another pair, it's probably going to be BD Expeditions. I would really like to have the scraper, that was a huge plus when the snow started piling on my skis. I haven't decided which problem I am more worried over...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:45 pm 

I actually just started using them this season. It does suck that they don't stay collapsed all the time but it dosn't seem to be a problem if you keep them in your pack. They collapse small enough to fit in any medium sized pack for the most part.
The button system makes it so they don't slip at all. I had some other poles that would slip a little if you put a lot of weight on them when climbing on sketchy terrain. these will keep their position everytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:44 pm 

They like to whistle in the wind because of the holes. They are kinda week and wobbly too.

I used them for a year until I fell on one and broke it while doing a kick-turn. The scraper is good for pulling up the heal lifts but I never really felt the need for the scraper.

I have been using the bd expeds for about a year now and like them much more even though they are a little short.