Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Truck! WOO HOO!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:59 pm 

After countless years of being a "sports-car guy" I've finally seen the light and purchased my newest mountaineering tool: A two tone white/green 1997 F250, 7.3L Powerstroke, 4x4, 5 speed, chromed out headache rack and rails! God Damn it is an awesome truck!

First mission: tailgating in style at the Air Force game!

It is going to be an epic winter!

Check out my writings: http://www.adamlreiner.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:40 pm 

What you need now is a fifth of Jack Daniels to go with it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:25 am 

Air Force??

Congrats dude! You'll love it, looks similar to my work truck too, very dependable. I too may be doing the woot woot dance as I'm possibly getting into a new Tacoma today!! As long as we get the snow, it will indeed be an epic winter :!:

I'll keep an eye out for your ride, hopefully it's never seen sitting on I 70 but rather sitting at trailheads and atop the passes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:16 am 

Congrats! Looks real clean.

eh, sports cars are bloody boring after you own them a month, that is for old men reliving their youth or for soccer moms w/ their fu-fu sunnies. if you really want a rush, buy a motorcycle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:30 am 

luca, two tips. One, change the oil every 5 thousand miles, two, change the fuel filter every two oil changes. Powerstrokes need regular maintainance to live long productive lives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:45 am 

Ford powerstroke is the only way to go 8) --double the mpg of normal truck and with reg gas at 3.20 and diesel at 3.65 you do the math :D - plus, gasp!!! Am I really saying this on splitboard.com, if you get a smobiler you've got a real rig to haul it ---but--- then everyone could start callin you a canuck :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:40 am 

Thanks for all the feedback!

Jon Dahl - I've heard from most experts to change the oil every 3k. Couldn't hurt. I plan to keep this thing well into my 30's so I'll be taking good care of it.

Thesystemsplit - smobilers are the next step, but not too soon. I'll be filling up with biodiesel which is a little more $$, but this is my weekend truck as I have the job truck for the weekly commute, i should be able to afford those $100 fuel ups.

Flowtorch - keep an eye out all over the front range and shout me out if you see me. All it needs now is a splitboard.com sticker!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:41 am 

More..... If you are not using biodiesel, get some Stanedyne fuel additive, for it's lubricating properties. It stands head and shoulders above any other. With the sulfer removed from modern diesel fuel, it lacks the ability to lubricate. It isn't the sulfer that lubricates, just something about it's properties to hold it in the fuel during the refining process. DO NOT use any methanol based additives, they will cause injector problems. 7.3 is better than the 6.0, which is better than the latest one inflicted upon mankind. PM me with any other powerstroke questions, luca. Oh yeah, was trained in powerstroke by one of the best in the business......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:07 am 

Trucks rule.

Cars are for girly mans. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:52 pm 

I bought myself pretty much the same truck a few weeks ago, feels like driving a couch with a jet engine! I also bought a camper and am looking into converting the truck to run on vegi oil. Road trip, anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:01 pm 

Jon Dahl wrote:
More..... If you are not using biodiesel, get some Stanedyne fuel additive, for it's lubricating properties. It stands head and shoulders above any other. With the sulfer removed from modern diesel fuel, it lacks the ability to lubricate. It isn't the sulfer that lubricates, just something about it's properties to hold it in the fuel during the refining process. DO NOT use any methanol based additives, they will cause injector problems. 7.3 is better than the 6.0, which is better than the latest one inflicted upon mankind. PM me with any other powerstroke questions, luca. Oh yeah, was trained in powerstroke by one of the best in the business......

You don't need to use an expensive fuel additive, I used to add some transmission fluid for lubricity to each tank of straight diesel in my Powerstroke, per a recommendation from my mechanic friend...worked great and saved the $$$

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5
162 Furberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:12 pm 

Fuggin Mountain truck

I want that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:42 pm 

Luca -heres mine I luv it![img][img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w72/bryanmanning/11-5-07049.jpg[/img][/img]