Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pieps dps, anyone own one?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:17 pm 

i need a new beacon and have a friend who can get me the pieps dps for pretty cheap. it has an altimeter, compass and temperature display... lots of gadgetry, has me worried, but i think i'll go for it. any info. will help and it's appreciated. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:13 pm 

butryon;

check my thread in the avy forum, topic-- tranciever choices. when i was looking for a beacon a couple months ago, i got back a lot of good words on the pieps dsp. I would say get it if you can get a good price, as the pieps is more $$$ than any of the others. and the software upgrade sounds nice.

good luck and learn to use it.

Post subject: Pieps DSP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:17 am 

i just purchased a Pieps DSP and so far have no complaints. there are two versions of the Pieps beacon - the standard DSP with just the search and locate becon and then the DSP advanced with the compass, altimeter etc.

just be aware that there are two versions and the advanced is significantly more expensive. the beacon comes with a harness/sling for wearing under your jacket, a lanyard, batteries, instruction manual and a pretty good instructional DVD

Post subject: xxx
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:49 pm 

check this

http://www.wandern-klettern-kanu.de/sho ... ai%20pieps

burton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:34 am 

this is my second season on my Pieps DSP Option Pack, It's my first tranciever but have had the chance to use many others lately namely Trackers and Ortovox F1's...

The Pieps is way easier for multiples by far. It still takes some time to understand the little quirks of the pieps system, but it works well.

I also had the chance to use the option pack compass and altimeter when I got lost in a whiteout on the backside of Lostboys Pass in Fernie to figure out where I was.

It's a great investment and the OS can be continually upgraded... pretty sweet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:27 pm 

hey thanks, i got the beacon on fri. and used it all weekend. my old beacon was a pieps opti-4 and i had great luck with it. i need to understand how to use the gadgetry better(altimeter, compass), its nice to have the distance readings rather than just sounds and lights. thanks again