Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD: Big Agnes King Solomon +15 Sleeping Bag - Double
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:40 am 

Selling on eBay! Bidding starts ($275.00) tonight at 8:30 pm (PST).

See http://www.ebay.com/itm/301080589869?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This double sleeping bag is a great value, just in time for Valetine's Day! Were talking the a warm and cozy Love-Shack!

Makes a great hut bag for two, in particular if your significant other is a normal-warm sleeper. So be the man a carry just one sleeping bag to the hut.

Note: My wife is a very cold-sleeper. so she survived our hut trip. Hut temps were above freezing even at night.

Used only a few times the sleeping bag is in excellent condition Suggested manufacturer retail price is $449.95. Offering the same great features as a single Big Agnes sleeping bag, the spacious King Solomon +15°F double bag is designed to sleep 2 people comfortably. High-quality 600-fill-power? goose down is warm, lightweight and compressible Ripstop nylon microfiber shell features a Durable Water Repellent? finish causing moisture to bead up and roll off; soft, downproof nylon lining resists stains Underside insulation has been eliminated and replaced with sleeves for 2 72 x 20 in. pads (sold separately) Built-in pillow pocket for each person lets you stuff a jacket or a pillow inside Draft collar for each person keeps cold air from sneaking in around the neck Zippers on each side allow easy access for both sleepers; draft tubes back zippers to prevent warm air from escaping and cold air from entering Internal loops allow attachment of a sleeping bag liner, sold separately Comes with a stuff sack and cotton storage bag

Big Agnes description: Double wide bag designed for two people Integrated pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again Bag has 2 separate pad sleeves and uses two 20"x72" pads Extra 2" of length in the foot box helps accommodate up to 6' 2" One zipper on each side allow easy access for both sleepers Built in pillow pockets hold a fleece or Big Agnes pillow Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners Cotton storage sack and stuff sack included No-draft collar for each person seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in Features center no-draft flap. Fabric piece with Velcro closures on the center gives you the option to attach the top of the body of the bag to the center of the hood to eliminate more drafts when you move in your sleep No-draft zipper tube insulates along length of zippers No-draft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad Shell:
[*]Down proof, nylon microfiber rip-stop.
[*]WR surface treatment to repel water Lining:
[*]Soft, breathable down proof nylon with stain resistant finish Pad sleeve: Nylon rip-stop.
[*]WR surface treatment to repel water
[*]Pad Size 2-20" x 72" Color blue/gray
[*]Fill Type 600 fill goose down Fill Weight 2lb
[*]Bag Weight 5lb 3oz
[*]Shoulder Girth 110"
[*]Hip Girth 96" Foot Girth
[*]80" Stuff Sack Size
[*]XL-10" x 21" Compressed Bag Size 10" x 10"

Post subject: Re: Big Agnes King Solomon +15 Sleeping Bag - Double - Excellent
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:21 pm 

I recently bought one of these bags for mountain trips with my girlfriend who happens to be a great split boarder and climber. It's a little bit on the heavy side but I think it compares favorably to two 15* mummy bags that it replaces with the advantage that it sleeps warmer and more comfortably. We have only had it for about a month now but have spent a few nights in it, the last on an exposed ridge top at about 30*. My normal 20* bag is very restrictive and not especially comfortable at that temp but the BA King Sol was warm and toasty at 30* even without the normal insulating layers that I wear in my 20* bag. A pair of Thermarest Neoair Xtherm pads fit well in the pad holder and kept us sleeping comfortably without a gap between us.

Overall I give this bag two thumbs up. I would have loved to pick up a Feathered Friends Spoonbill UL but couldn't justify the price difference to drop a pound.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:41 pm 

Jason: Thanks for your review. I glad your King Sol bag has worked your girl friend and you.

I might have to looking into a custom Feathered Friends Spoonbill UL with the 900 Goose down w/overfill. As the wife sleeps cold. Even a -15 degree bag was not enough on 0 degree winter night.

Curious what the SB ladies recommend for a winter bag (Colorado winter camping)?

Again thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 am 

I bet FF could do an extra warm version of the Spoonbill. Hope somebody jumps on yours quick and enjoys it.

Can't offer much advice for Colorado winter temps as I stick to the Cascades where temps are comfortable and snow sticks to steep stuff (most winters...).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:46 pm 

Bump!

1 Day left on eBay! See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Agnes-King-Solomon-15-Sleeping-Bag-Double-Excellent-Condition-/301080589869

Post subject: Re: SOLD: Big Agnes King Solomon +15 Sleeping Bag - Double
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:19 pm 

Sold on eBay.