Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ortovox 3+ recall?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:45 am 

Hi, I just received two of these beacons from bentgate.com, and supposedly this recall doesn't effect beacons distributed in North America. However, I just entered the serial numbers here ( http://www.ortovox.com/3737--recall_campaign_3plus.html ) to double check, and I get this notice for one of them:

"Unfortunately, your device is affected by the recall campaign!

After you have entered your contact data in the boxes on the right a PDF with the address of our service center as well as your address information for return and reshipment of your device will be generated automatically for printout. Shipment (by mail) is carriage forward and is the fastest way for you to receive your updated device!"

Has anyone else had this for North American bought beacons? I've emailed both ortovox and bentgate, but I guess I won't get a response until Monday. I'm guessing I'll have to send it in. Itching to get out there :( :nononno: :x :banghead:

Post subject: Re: Ortovox 3+ recall?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:51 am 

OK, so just in case anyone else finds themselves in the same position, here's the response I got from the distro:

Quote:
Both of the beacons you purchased are 100% dependable and trustworthy.
The beacon in question was part of the re-call batch. Through the software update process, which we completed at our facility, said beacon is ready to use. The software update process fixes the problem, and in addition we tested each beacon after the update to make sure they were functioning correctly.
The challenging aspect on our end is working with Ortovox in Germany to remove beacons we updated and tested from the re-call list ( a work in progress )
Again, I have confirmed that your beacon ( via serial #, thanks for providing it ) was updated and tested.