Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: MTNAPPROACH pro team has some heavy hitters
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:30 am 

OK were all snow dorks wee all like what it has to offer. And everybody and there mothers are hopping on the snow products no boards/pow surfer/roller blades for the snow/etc. if those guys want to carry skis/splitboard/probe/shovel/becon/lunch/water/extra clothes/sled/and all the other stuff let them its there thing not mine. We have slpits for one reason up the hill down the hill on one thing not 2 makes for easy days and less shit to lose. not trying to stir the shit but competed with mark carter in the north face master that guy is a charger not that he needs my :twocents: . so on that note this forum should end. lets all :grouphug:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:44 pm 

I appreciate the option of being able to use my own board with Mtnaproach instead of a split when hiking in the back-country.

Plus, it is really difficult to get a women's specific split board that is my size. OOo...and I don't have to deal with pulling skins apart or transitions. I would rather put the skis in my backpack that board with a heavy split. :bananas:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:51 pm 

Huh?

"Plus, it is really difficult to get a women's specific split board that is my size."

What is your size? I have a female splitter friend who is 5'2", 105 lbs, with tiny feet, who absolutely loves her Venture Storm split, I think it is a 152 with a 24 cm waist. Prior has small splits for women, and Jones will as well for next year. It was not difficult to get at all...

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:58 pm 

Jomas should email them and see if he gets a reply

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:08 pm 

stein wrote:
Jomas should email them and see if he gets a reply

LOL! yes, instead of contacting a local dealer (considering he is overseas)

BTW, Venture also has a 150 cm 24 cm waist Zephyr splitboard if one needs something even smaller.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am 

barrows wrote:
Huh?

"Plus, it is really difficult to get a women's specific split board that is my size."

What is your size? I have a female splitter friend who is 5'2", 105 lbs, with tiny feet, who absolutely loves her Venture Storm split, I think it is a 152 with a 24 cm waist. Prior has small splits for women, and Jones will as well for next year. It was not difficult to get at all...

Your feeding the trolls Barrows. Anyone that joins to post in this thread shouldnt. This is a Splitboarding website. If you want to talk about how awesome approach skis are then go find an approach ski forum. Barrows save your advice( which lots of us appreaciate myself included) for someone who needs it.

Karakouram Split30s
2010 mutes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 am 

Freighttrain,

Yeah, I hear ya... But it is hard to resist in this case, as it appears the Mt Approach "team" is spreading rumours and lies about splitboards, and some people may actually believe them.

I have no problem with the Mt. Approach product, and can even think of certain very specific applications where it makes sense, but the marketing propoganda approach of trashing splitboards has gotta go... I heartily suggest that they stick to trying to sell their system based on its positive attributes, rather than spreading a bunch of lies ("it is hard to get a splitboard my size") about splitboarding.

And thanks for the kind words.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:19 am 

I hear ya Barrows. I have read every post on this thread and I feel the same way. Mtn Aproach is a good idea and may work great for some. I hope you Mtn Aproach guys will stop trying to put down splitboards to sell your system you dont have to. I am in sales and the last thing I ever do is trash the comp, It makes you look WEAK AND DESPERATE :banghead:

Karakouram Split30s
2010 mutes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 am 

barrows wrote:
But it is hard to resist in this case, as it appears the Mt Approach "team" is spreading rumours and lies about splitboards, and some people may actually believe them.

Agreed. Besides, it's not like it takes a detailed, super nuanced response to show the error in the statements they're making. Pretty easy IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:46 am 

barrows wrote:
Yeah, I hear ya... But it is hard to resist in this case, as it appears the Mt Approach "team" is spreading rumours and lies about splitboards, and some people may actually believe them.

Yeah, but so far as I know, MtnA doesn't have a message board of 5000+ members, or ~2500 stoke inducing trip reports. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:19 am 

Barrows,

I appreciate your contributions to this forum from the bottom of my splitter heart but you're starting to remind me of the Mrs in this thread. She always has to get the last word too. :)

Let it go brother. It is what it is. This product isn't for everyone the same way splitboards aren't for everyone. Who care's about the marketing. The users and market will ultimately decide their success, not the marketing.

ps. I moved the hardboot thread to the boot forum and will be moving this to the gear forum soon as well.

Have a great weekend everyone....whether you're on a splitty or Mtn Approach. Just get out and ride! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:35 pm 

There's a pair on the Bozeman Craigslist for $400, only used a few times, if anyone's interested: http://bozeman.craigslist.org/spo/2977215569.html

From the ad: "Used these only 2 or 3 times as I have a new splitboard. " Classic.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:43 pm 

I think I would have trouble organizing all of my gear prior to an outing. No, wait. I think I could figure out a system.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7