Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Achilles tendonitis! I need new boots!
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:43 am 

Hey Everyone! Looks as though I've have had achilles tendonitis for 3 months and can't get rid of it! I've shredded once in the past 2 months (Baker attempt) I tried to give it a rest but it came back bigger and more painful than evar! The physical therapist says I need new boots. My boots are the K2 Affair, with the boa system that locks your heel into the back of the boot. I got these boots because they were the stiffest most aggressive women's boot I could find. Most snowboard boots I've worn pinch you in the achilles to make your heel stay secured in the boot. With all the touring I've done, that pinching sensation along with the rubbing from the up and down motion of touring has f*$ked my ankle. I'm sad.

Can anyone recommend a snowboard boot that doesn't pinch the back of your ankle? I was thinking about putting ski boot liners in my snowboard boots? Someone mentioned getting a AT boot, would they work with my splitboard? I started skiing in Cham because I couldn't snowboard and ski boots didn't hurt it at all. I really don't want to have to start skiing so please if you have any ideas or advice on boots or liners it would be much appreciated! I really want to shred some volcanoes in Wa before I go to Utah for the summer! Thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: Achilles tendonitis! I need new boots!
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:30 am 

I had the same thing at the beginning of this year! I got new intuition liners, put them in my old Northwave boots, and that fixed it. I had to throw out my other shells too, because even with the new liners I still had the same problem - there was something wrong with those boots. The intuition office/store is 10 min bike ride from my house, and they are awesome there. I think I got the "alpine" model made for ski boots that fit the best (they make snowboard liners too). It doesn't bother me that they are pink inside.

Anyway, good luck with your achilles, and I hope you are back on the snowboard soon!