Today I finished my second split. The first one last season was experimental. The test was successful, so for this season I need to make new one (the snowboard I used last season was in really bad shape, before cut ). I cut almost new Goltes Explorer snowboard.
Clean straight cut (I did it on table saw at friends wood workshop).
Adding protection to open core (for repairing boats Hempel Epoxy filler 35253)
And work done:
And something special on the bottom:
No through holes! Everything is fixed with screws used for ski bindings. Also clips, for which testing will show if they hold (if not, I will get some through holes ).
For clips I had to improvise since Karakoram is not sending out of N America. (For hooks Voile forgot to add rings in package last year).
Since we are getting fresh snow these day (should be falling till thursday) I will have to wait for testing.