Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Touring Bracket dimentions

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Touring Bracket dimentions
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:59 pm 

Howsit going guys. So one of the 3 screws on my touring bracket snapped in the t nut :cry: so it has rendered the t nut totally unusable. To make matters worse, it is the screw on the right, so when I torque my bracket to the left it bends the bracket up. I'm gonna have to make my own bracket out of something more sturdy so it can withstand the leverage. The only problem is, I am in my dorm in Seattle, and my splitboard is back in my house in Santa Cruz California.

I was wondering if someone could give me the dimensions of the touring bracket. The things that really matter I guess are the locations of the screw holes, the diameter of the screw holes, the distance between the pin holes and diameter of the pin holes. I am going to make one so when I return to California in 3 weeks I can return and shred all the corn snow. Your assistance is greatly appreciated! :disco:

-Kyle

The person that helps me out will get a beer from my fridge. Your choices? Bush Light, Bud Light and Rainier. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Touring Bracket dimentions
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:42 am 

there are tools specifically designed to remove broken screws...

id still try and get that thing outta there

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:53 am 

Alright. Ill definitely try its just I'm going on a tour 2 days after I get back, and I don't want to have to put my trip off because I haven't got a fix. This thing I can just slap on and go, and when I get back ill go in for the screw removal and such.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:19 am 

Dude, get you one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A4 ... B001A4CWHO

and when you get back to SC spend about 15 minutes extracting the screw and drinking your own Rainier.

Unless you honestly would rather try building a whole new bracket, which IMHO is more work for a less bomber solution.

Here's what you asked for though:

the two bottom holes, center to center are 1 13/16" apart. The "apex" hole is 2 7/8" center to center from either bottom hole. The distance between the two pin holes is 3 5/8" and the pin holes (and all other holes) are 1/4" diameter. Also, you may need to know, the pin holes sit 7/16" off of the deck of the board.

I measured twice and did my best to be accurate, but I waive all resposibilty if what you make doesn't fit your board! These measurement came from the NEW 2010-2011 touring bracket, which is slightly beefier than the old one but standard to there factory template.
:-) Hope this helps. If you do make a new touring bracket, take pics and share it with us!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:15 pm 

Hahah so I guess I mistaken, driving home expecting the worst, look at it and see that I am totally crazy! Just a new screw and some epoxy and its good as new. I guess you start to dream up things when your splitboard is 12 hours away from you :cry:

Thanks anyway!

:guinness: