Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voile risers on a burton?
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:04 pm 

anybody done it? I know switching over interfaces has been discussed, but I have had it with my burton risers. After every trip I have to tweak them back and rig them. and then they still collapse soon thereafter. I will probably get a new split next season, but there is a lot of spring skiing still left to do. My only real concern is how it will wear on the bottom of the interface. Then again I still need to talk to burton about new interfaces since mine are about to crack in half. What can I say, I procrastinate and i'm lazy.

TIA,
LLS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:03 am 

I bet you could add the Voile risers. You'll probably have to do some drilling. I can't imagine much damage to the interface, since if you are adding new Voile risers, they have the plastic tubing on them. That should be enough protection. From what I have seen on the Burton interface, it's certainly tough enough for this mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:16 am 

You could make an adapter plate like brett did since the holes don't line up and it would allow you to avoid drilling into the board.

I agree with kill that the underside of the interface (where the voile climbing bar will hit) should be ok…key word should. We all know the Burton interfaces aren't exactly indestructible. The plastic tubing should provide some cushion and lining up where the climbing bar touches the interface is critical.

Good luck and don't forget to report back! :)