Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:13 pm 

Brett,
The tongues helped out a lot. For now, I just slip them in under the boot laces and they stiffen it up juust enough. When I can find some thermo liners in my size, I'll probably just rivet them onto those. I'm riding Sportiva Nuptses.. Great boot, fits well. My only real complaint is my giant feet.. Lotsa toe drag, as that size PMB is quite a bit longer than the equivelant snowboard boot. They definitly hike better than any of the other options, though. I'll post some pics to this thread when I get a camera.. (soon I hope)...

-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:30 pm 

As anyone given the Catek bindings consideration for a good Frankensteining. They have all the parts just lying around waiting for an enterprising soul. I know they have that center mount thing going on but that sounds easier to work around than bending metal.

www.catek.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:07 pm 

I would just like to say that is beautifull work. how does it tour?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:23 pm 

thanks stefan. it's been fun work'n on it. it tours really great. the lateral stiffness seems to be about right which helps on the traverse and skinning in general while not compromising the soft boot feel when riding. i also think that the fact that the rand of the boot is held down so tight to the plate is another contributing factor. this introduces less slop than a strap binding and leaves you w/ a more solid feeling connection when in ski mode. your foot of coarse still rolls a bit in the boot but it just translates a bit better in ski mode. still could use some improvements on the downhill side of things though. at this point some of that is a boot issue. it would have been nice to use a quicker adjusting forward lean highback though. that'll have to wait for the next version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:20 am 

Brett, You've given me some great ideas! I have Koflachs as well and use the Mtn Plate bindings... Thanks for sharing.