Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DIY Burton?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:06 am 

I was thinking about splitting one of my Burton's, but am trying to find the best way to set up the pucks so that I do not have to drill lots of holes in my board, especially near the existing inserts.

Post subject: Re: DIY Burton?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:39 am 

Hey there, I just set up the voile kit on my burton and used two pre-existing inserts, so it can be done.
But if you are using the standard pucks that come with the kit, your stance will be decided for you by those usable inserts. It is possible to use one insert per puck, but you will not have any options with your stance angles, at least from what I experimented with. Try loosely bolting one bolt into each puck and sliding the voile track onto them. You'll see what i'm talking about.
Luckily for me, I was able to get my normal back foot angle using two factory inserts and the regular footed puck (i'm goofy). But I wanted to preserve most of my stance with and front foot angle, so opted not to use the factory inserts for the front foot.
I believe the guy that goes by "Burton" on here has some insight on how to do this as well. He probably knows more than me about it, seeing how this was my first diy.