Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question on Burton tail/ nose clips
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:50 pm 

I have had 3 voiles 2 priors and decided to try an s-series this year, on the 1 day i have on the board the nose clip came undone constantly....pain in the a$$.i did see jimw modify the burton he has 4 sale with other clips but does anyone have another fix to this issue? makes me wish i would have stayed with the other boards,

Post subject: Re: Question on Burton tail/ nose clips
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:45 pm 

Is it 08/09? I rode my for 4 or 5 runs a couple days ago and didn't have it come open. I also had an 07/08 with many days on it and didn't have any issues. I know jimw did though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:00 am 

Just wanted to chime in that I'm looking for solutions to the same exact problem I encountered after a trial run on my 08/09 62 S-Series yesterday at a resort. There are a number of posts with DIY fixes... but apparently no ideal solution.

http://www.splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=4534
http://www.splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=3500
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4607

I will agree with JimW's post that Burton appears to be having QC issues, at least with their split boards recently. I've ridden Burton's the last 6-7 years, with a 160 Triumph being my favorite on-resort board I've held onto the last 3 years, and have never seen visible problems like this. I have the same problem with the rear Chinese hooks that Jim documented above and the tip hook that come undone every few turns, usually when on piste. My tip/tail hooks actually push the board halves apart as other posted about, not tightening them together like it would seem they should. In addition there is some 'funkiness' on portions of the top sheet, the 12:45 side wall seems to have inconsistent angles in some areas, and even the red painted 'arrows' don't line up on the top sheet (nit-picky, I know but if that was the only "problem" I wouldn't care).

Was looking for a quick-fix as I'm leaving on a 1 week hut trip in 2 days and was hoping not to take my 68 Mojo with I've found way to stiff. In the interim I'll probably call the shop where it was purchased and/or Burton about any warranty solutions.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:23 pm 

BCR it is an 07-08 but new, I failed to mention other than the clip issue I did like the board,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:35 pm 

I just tried the mod at the end of this post

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4607

It works well if you use a double fisherman's knot (illustrated below for the knot impared) to connect the loop of prussic cord. It's easy to get the length of the loop right this way and you solve the problem of having the loop too tight to get over the rivet or too loose to do anything because you can tighten it simply by tugging on the ends of the cord.

http://www.animatedknots.com/doublefish ... dknots.com

Still, sucks we have to worry about it. :thumbsdown: My next board's a Divide.