Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Learning the hard way...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:45 am 

Don't think too hard about that balance point, just get it in the middle. Once your out there skinning there will be plenty of snow piled up on your board to throw the balance off. It's not that big of a deal, really. Most of the time I hardly even pick my boards up off the snow.

Post subject: Re: Learning the hard way...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:39 pm 

I figured it was time for an update

So after two tours my fish fillet is making me very happy. I have yet to install the plastic nose and tail clips, but now that I've ridden the board I am totally going to. And I still haven't filled all the t-bolt holes in my base... Now I can't really tell when I'm blazing through the deep pow, but I took it on groomers and all 24 holes catch like crazy. I wasn't going to ride the board till the holes were filled, but they are completely sealed off with epoxy, just not flush with the base. Furthermore, the avy conditions in the wasatch went way way down, so it was go time. :bananas:
The board floats ever so nicely in the fresh that I was completely speechless after my first run. Some how I found rocks on both tours and I swear the base material Burton used for the fish is made from chapstick... I hardly scraped these rocks yet I'm missing ptex... My fully t-bolted binding seem to be working out just fine, as I've dropped a few rock bands and a cliff.
In tour mode I have no issues. Being a 156 its very easy to manuver. I "skied" off a 3 foot drop, landed, then crashed, without any carnage. Also dropped my pole off a ridge and had to "tele" down 100+ vertical to get it. I haven't been taking it easy on the board and its taking it with pleasure.
Thanks to everyone here that has posted DYI's and replies.