Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voile Split Kit vs. Voile Splitboard Interface
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am 

I'm thinking about splitting my own board with the Voile split kit. Not being a very handy person, I was thinking that if the project completely blows up (miscut board, misdrilled, etc) I could just take the split kit and pop it onto a Burton S.

From the Voile site, it looks like the pucks are the main difference between the split kit and the split "interface" that they sell for Burton boards. I'm guessing the screws might be different too so maybe I just need to get pucks and screws.

Does anybody know if this scheme will work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:05 pm 

I'm pretty sure you are correct. You can buy the split kit and just buy new pucks/discs. On the other hand, I believe some people on this board have had good luck using the normal setup and mounting it on their self-split boards. It gives you more options for angles, for one thing.

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:22 pm 

The split kit is using t-nuts rather than inserts and in the case of the hooks and climbing bar pads, the screws are entirely different. The touring bracket is a direct swap since the split kit uses the same screws (M6x12mm) but includes t-nuts as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:24 pm 

Hey pjk, I have a 2005 burton 165 S that I have converted. As Shep said you want the round pucks ...not the ones that come with the Universal split kit. If you have a full set of the round pucks in the kit (like the Burton split kit) you cando any board and it will give you a wider selection of stance options.
If you decide to convert your burton PM me and I can tell you how I did mine. I did it without drilling any holes through the deck and I have used it for 2 seasons with no problems.

Maybe I should make a little HD video on how I did it, but I dont know if thats ok with the patent holders of both boards/systems

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:01 pm 

TEX wrote:

Maybe I should make a little HD video on how I did it, but I dont know if thats ok with the patent holders of both boards/systems

I dont think that would be a patent violation. You would be illustrating how to modify a patented product to be used in a way that it was not originally intended.

Post subject: Splitting a board with 4x4 holes
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:27 am 

Actually, I'm splitting a board with 4x4 holes. I'm hoping that if I mess this up, I can take the DIY kit and simply screw it onto a Burton S-Series. I'll be taking photos of my experiment and hopefully posting them here.

Post subject: xxx
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:39 pm 

you can split a orginal board in more than one way... with the orginal splitkit it is a easy way... whem you need are board withe angel chaning
you need the interface puks of the factory board kit....

the best way to cut a board and make it stiffy is. bay slider traks pins touring brakeds and make new slider plate as POM and youse the orginal 4x4 stitches ... and some ski spax ... see the boards on www.wildschnee.de 2 teiler..... this the best way ... too much hols in the board kills the flex , and it is a brake point...

burton