Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voile hardware-plate question-transition skin 2 ride.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:47 pm 

So I have been practicing the transition of putting my split back together and I have a question. Is there a trick to mounting the pucks in any stance option to get the slider plates to mount easier when you change them to riding mode? I have my front foot at 20 degree's and my back at 0 degrees. Not my first choice ( that would be +12 and -6) but I have been having a difficult time getting the pin to line up properly. I have to give it a little bit of a smack to get it to engage. Is this normal? I can possibly for see some problems on the hill trying to get this to engage when its cold out with cold hands or gloves on. Any suggestions or tips from that come from experience. Yes I am using the mounting templates.
Thanks in advance!
Blue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:07 am 

Hey Blue, the problem can be solved like this:Loosen the screws holding the pucks, Use Duct tape to secure both parts of your together so that the gap is as small as possible. Take your plastic template from Voile and place it on the pucks Now squeeze the pucks as hard as possible to the inside of the template. Have someone tighten the screws to the pucks as tight as possible. Remove the duct tape holding the planks together and test.
Now , about the stance , you should be able to get your desired angles because your stance is very close to what I ride + 12 front -10 in back. You may need to try swapping the pucks around in several combinations but again that stance shouldnt be a problem.
If it doesnt turn out just right you should be able to find someone ( like to ride) in that area to advise and help out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:29 am 

I've found that final squeeze before tightening down is critical. Just tell a knucklehead climber buddy that it's a new grip trainer. :)

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:41 pm 

Blue-
The universal puck gaskets do such a good job of keeping the pucks in place, that you've really got to push the pucks in VERY tight towards the center of the alignment guide like Tex stated.
You can always use a file to remove a bit of the puck material, you can tri- flow the underside of the slider tracks, and you can "dry land" install the slider pins in and out of the slider tracks until you've begun enlarging the slider tracks holes a bit. The pins are stainless, the tracks aluminum, so the aluminum will begin to enlarge pretty quickly. any transitioning difficulties at home on the carpet will be magnified in the snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:47 pm 

Thanks guys!

I spent a couple of hours tooling around with the pucks and figured out how to get the stance I was looking for. The tape on the pucks really helped out as well as the pinch b4 the last tightening of the screws. Those things will pop out all over the place if you don't tape them. So I ended up flipping the heel side pucks around (I didn't bother to read the directions as usual, that got me in this mess in the first place) and low and behold the plates switch back n forth like butter!! So I mounted up my clickers and I am good to go!

We received about 4 inches of snow here in Truckee so I might go to the park and try skinning around in the grass.

Here's some pic's as I am now in the 71 mojo club...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:18 pm 

Another happy ending here at splitboard.com :)

Howdy Karma....hows your base looking over there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:22 pm 

What base? :wink:
Melting FAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSST :!:
When you gonna get those dates up for the Cali deal bro?