Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new pants?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:42 pm 

i need to get some new Gore Tex pants. My Marmots are no good for post holing and the Burton Ak's are torn up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:01 am 

well....go for it. get some new pants....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:45 am 

I have 4 pairs of Goretex pants that I need to sell:

1) Arc'Teryx Stingray pant in size small/tall (fits like a medium size). Color is Slate (greyish brown color). Inseam is 33". Fabric is Goretex Softshell 3ply. Excilent condition!

2) Mammut Alaska pant in size 48 (32" waist / 32" inseam). Color is Black. Fabric is Goretex Softshell 3ply. Brand New w/ hangtags!!!

3) Mammut Soulfly pant in size 48 (same as above). Color is Lt. Grey. Fabric is Goretex Softshell 3ply. Excilent condition!

4) Burton AK Vent pant in size medium (32" / 31" inseam). Color is Black. Fabric is Goretex XCR 3ply. Excilent condition!

I'll be posting some pics and prices very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:49 am 

i want to get some new gore tex pants, what are the best?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:54 am 

Mountain Hardware, Patagonia,arcteryx. Stay away from Burton AK . although they say its there best..itstill resort clothing.
Buy a shell pant with full length zippers. Get something lite and waterproof/water resistant and layer for warmth.
Above all for me is full length zippers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:30 pm 

troweller wrote:
i want to get some new gore tex pants, what are the best?

The Best pants are the one's that fit and have the features that suit your needs. Almost every quality outdoor and snowsport clothing company is making Goretex pants. Some pants are taylored more towards alpine climbing, where as others are taylored more towards downhill or backcountry snowsports. Both types of pants will generally work fine, but some of the more climbing specfic pants are tough to fit over snowboard boots. Most of the climbing pants have full side zips, where as most snowsport pants generally have thigh vents only. Make sure to get pants with built-in gators.

Don't forget you need to figure out which type of Goretex you get. Gore makes SoftShell, ProShell, Performance and Paclite. The SoftShell fabric is designed for snowsports. The ProShell is more for mountaineering. Performance is more of a price-point product and Paclite is designed for ultralite constructed garments. These variances in the Gore will effect both the price and the performance, so it important to know the differences.

P.S. Since you were specifically looking for NEW pants... the Mammut Alaska pants that I'm selling are brand new with the hangtags still attached. They are made with Goretex SoftShell fabric. Asking $150 (reg $325).