Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:41 am 

Hi Johan,
I've drilled the Voile touring bracket because when the board was ready I didn't have the Dynafit toe clips, but since this was my desired final setup, I decided to make just the four holes for it and use the Voile in the meanwhile. Since the board have been created knowing that it would be splitted and used with Dynafit , a titanal leaf has been inserted in the zone where the screws work. I wouldn't feel safe without it, I agree with you when you worry about the strain on the screws.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:52 am 

Thanks for your advice!
Only problem when mounting voile on top of touring bracket is that the skrews do not fill the holes in Dynafit completely. Therefor the bindings do move a little around the screws.

I just realised that screws that are not flat-head should solve that. (Countersinked?)

My setup is much like yours, but I use Scarpa F3 boots and Bomber bindings.
Quite satisfied, and this far i like the Prior ATV wery much.
- Only disadvantage is that the name "Prior" is known as the biggest producer of eggs and fried chickens here in Norway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:23 pm 

-Only disadvantage is that the name "Prior" is known as the biggest producer of eggs and fried chickens here in Norway...

LOL …

Wait a minute … Norway ? I didn't notice that you were from (or just in) Norway. I've been there splitboarding for a week in March 2007 with some friends, it's a paradise. We all loved it. We went in Sunnmore, Romsdal and Jotunheimen … wonderful !!! I hope to come back …

Post subject: Oh yeah!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:20 pm 

Norway it is, and in fact Sunnmøre area!
Guess you might have visited my area, the "Sunnmøre Alps". I live in Volda, generally I go to mountains in Volda and Ørsta. Nice peaks and fjords, exept from the weather, which can be bad..
In fact i might have been in your playground to; Did ski the haute Route, ending in Saas Fee. - An other time we started up in Verbier, but because of bad weaher we ended up in Cervina, and resort skiing in Corvamayour(?). The alps are amazing!
Please let me know if you are coming back, I could join you, or at least give some advice. You might like this site: http://westcoastpeaks.com/

Best regards, Johan