Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rescue Sled for a Split
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:16 pm 

I saw this set-up and it works very well with a splitboard (fits over the tip clips)... very cool! 8)
Check it here - http://www.brooks-range.com/shop/produc ... ucts_id/36

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:36 pm 

I've got one of these and it does work pretty well, but I am still holding out hope for someone to rig a rescue sled straight from a split.

If you take off the bindings/interface you can use thinner cordolettes to tie the two halves together (which are weak w/o the binders). Rigging a front and back pull line is also pretty easy. But what I can't figure out is how to tie somebody in it, in a comfortable way.

Somebody with a brain for this should figure it out and post a detailed step by step guide...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:58 pm 

That's cool you posted this, I have been thinking about it myself. After hitting that tree and breaking 3 ribs at Targhee a few weeks ago it gave me plenty of time to think about what I would have done if it had happened in the Backcountry...especially considering we had no rope/cordolette or anything of the sort (cept belt's, boot laces and pack straps maybe)on us for securing the victim to the board or for towing.

Most likely it would have been similar to what your idea is Dave but still somewhat lacking. I like the idea they have there though, Yoda. It looks fairly stable for a victim and fairly easy to control for your partners/rescuers. In the area where we were, it would have taken some serious time and effort to stabilize someone to the top of a board and to make it secure enough to haul them out without causing further damage or losing them off the deck....and not to mention painful!!...i felt every tiny bump and I was in a plush Ski Patrol sled.

Have you used this yoda or know anyone who does? Wonder how small it packs down.? It's a good :idea:

....sweet usage of emoticon if I do say so

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:50 pm 

I actually saw it at the BC Base Camp at the OR show. I saw it displayed and thought that would be ideal if it worked with a split. I had always pondered how I would do a recue, but had never seen any ideal set-ups.

I went up to their booth and asked a representative if it would work with a splitboard. He actually had never considered splitboarders for needing such a product, but once I posed the question and stump him, he diligently responded with interest and was anxious to test it out.

We both walked down to the Voile booth and gave it a test. It worked perfectly!

DJ was their and saw it as well, so he can also confirm. :D