Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:02 am 

good on you lad!! these look pretty sick.

i don't mean to be dense (it comes natural), but if we order from you what exactly would we get? does it include the straps and highback or just a baseplate?

thanks,
mc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:42 am 

Overall they rocked! bcr

Did ya ride'em Chris? Well did ya? Did ya? Com'on you must tell!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:03 pm 

Man scrubfest was fun, next year I'll have to be there for all three days. The part that I have worked on is the baseplates. I will see what I can work out here in the near future if I will be selling both the ride bindings and my baseplates, or just the baseplates and you'll have to pick up the rides from a current retailer. I gotta get back to work, but I will post my stuff in the scrub TR soon. Then rework the webpage, then order business cards, then make design mods, then test the new pins that are on the way, then talk to my suppliers, then program my machine for making more spacers, and order more material, take off to Big Mountain to ride with the boys from back home this weekend, then work on that ski bike design for my client, talk to the ride rep, pick up Becca from the airport, etc etc etc etc

Thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:03 pm 

that looks awesome, i have been thinking of making a springloaded linkage for skinning with my voile plates (somewhat like naxo randonee bindings). figured it might avert me from lifting the board any while skinning, but it would also be another thing to take out when setting up for descent. there is still a lot of room for improvement in the splitboard market and i hope you do well. curious for any input on the linkage idea.

always look higher
alaska

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:08 am 

Here's Will, creating the next big thing in splitting. The man is busier than a beer bong at a bachelor party... and no one offers to help him out? Geez.

Hey Will, how many feet of vert would you like those new pins tested over? We can take that onerous task off your hands and leave you to focus on all the important, um, office work. ;)

Other things:

Are the Voile puck concept patented? By no means do I want to see someone cut Voile's rightful lunch (one they worked hard to make and deserve), but I am interested in pucks that are pressed out of an alloy plate rather than the current very flexible plastic. If the market ever sees pucks made of alternate materials, will it have to come from Voile?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:29 am 

I can only see advantages in those bindings.

If endurance is OK, and there´s a way to place crampons, I predict a big success for you.

Good work, Will!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:30 pm 

You can read Voile's patent for yourself if you do a web search. I'd prefer not to comment on what it does and doesn't cover. I'm sure they'll take notice of your input on the pucks.

I do have a crampon that works with the bindings, and can be dropped in while you are touring. You can check this crampon out, and my first proto on page two of this thread http://talk.splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=2843&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Thanks!