Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:21 am 

I think the guy is in WA or OR. Link to his website is at the top of this forum. Illuminati snowboards (what I ride) is based outta Jackson Hole. When I talked to them about splitting one of their boards to find out how it rode, they gave me this guys contact info. I guess he's an engineer so the constrution of a split deck will be pretty precise and professional.
Here's his email. Charges about $110 to split and mount hardware etc. I've had good communication with him and he says there is a very short turn around time (few days).

Dean Whitehead - dean@mnttechnologies.com

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:34 am 

Thanks everyone for the positive exposure, especially ddegraaf for starting the thread. We here at www.mnttechnologies.com have been fairly busy with orders, mostly ski/snowboard repairs. Our specific types of services are hard to google; i.e. how many people search for the key words “mail order splitboard assembly?â€Â

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:02 pm 

fusionmeat wrote:
Jon Dahl wrote:
I'll split your board using my table saw jig for $25. Adding taper will be more, of course, 'cause you are talking three cuts instead of one, and I hate the math!! :twisted: Of course, then you have the lack of inserts to deal with, and the risk of ripping out the ski screws if you overstress the bindings...... I think I will buy a factory built board next, even though I've done the insert the board thing myself. Just have to find the perfect shape.

Of course a board with the nose/tail the same width is ideal for ease of cutting, one with a wider nose than tail does NOT require multiple cuts. The difference in the nose/tail size must be split and accounted for during the marking of the center line. I am not sure what “lack of insertsâ€Â

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:54 pm 

Rush- Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder does a pretty good job

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:30 am 

Quote:
This is very interesting! Some of us have played around with this on the old style Burton splits (Exhibit A, and Exhibit B). On mine, it basically worked, but I couldn't quite get the stance width I originally had. You're saying you think you can do this on all regular boards? How would you do this for a Burton, with their triangular insert pattern where you have to cut through most of the inserts (the ones down the center line) when doing the cut?

Jimw, thanks for doing some leg work on this topic! After some testing and custom additions to the universal pucks, we have found that we can NOT feasibly make the universal pucks work with a custom split snowboards' factory inserts. We crafted a spacer so to speak for the universal pucks which induced the appropriate offset for the binding slider but it ended up being weak and expensive. We are currently reverse engineering a template to allow the universal pucks to be installed on a split snowboard, but you must use inserts. So in the future, when you have your board split by us at Mountain and Terrain Technologies, you can have the option of the universal pucks or the fixed angle pucks.