Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ride Slackountry - custom splitty
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:09 pm 

this thread just answered all of my questions. thanks to each of you for contributing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:26 pm 

Here is a little update:

So far this season I've put about 30 days on this board. First off, this board is a lot of fun to ride in the pow! Quick initiations, amazing float, playful and light, which is one the most recognizable differences between my other two factory splits that I've had, it's incredibly light. That said, I was a bit worried about the construction of the board. In order to make the board light, the base is a little thinner, and there isn't much in terms of overall construction closer to the tip and tail, but it has stood up to some serious abuse. I've ridden over rocks and no core shots; I have hit all kinds of stuff with my nose and no dents; the top sheet, which is made from a hemp fabric, doesn't nic and peel like traditional plastic top sheets. The other thing I was worried about was how it was going to break in. After 30 days I would imagine that it has been broken in, and it still feels just as stiff as when I first rode it. I would really recommend this board for a DIY splitty :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:24 pm 

Thanx for the update :thumpsup:

Slackcountry is the king of POW and choped POW, and the topsheet is great. I like it very much, but also after your great results I don't feel to cut it in half :)
I'll save it as a solid for nice powder days and Slackcountry.

Wish you much fun with your splitty :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:11 pm 

Hey guys - I found this thread as I have TWO Slackcountry boards - one a 2012 and one a 2013 - and I was thinking about splitting one of them or swallowtailing the other to get less leg burn and raise the nose on deep pow days. Both have the UL core, Carbon Array 7 and linear Carbon inserts.

Given the carbon array, I'm thinking about swallowtailing it. But i was wondering if anyone knows where the carbon array inserts are in the board? I'm trying to understand how far I can have the swallowtail cut into the board.

I saw plastafara draw this but did anyone take pictures while cutting their board that could provide more specific location info for the components (UL core, carbon array, inserts, etc)?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:33 pm 

bump - anyone?