Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Has Anyone spilt a Venture Euphoria?
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:43 am 

Just picked up two 09/10 Venture Euphoria-R snowboards demos from Venture Snowboards; so I have not ridden these boards this season. I purchased these boards with the intent of riding powder.

My wife and I now have all-mountain splitboards; K2 Panoramic and a Venture Storm.

I was wondering if anyone has spilt a Euphoria? If so, did splitting the board change how the board ride? Did splitting it turn into a noodle?

Post subject: Re: Has Anyone spilt a Venture Euphoria?
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:19 am 

Anytime you cut a solid board to make it a DIY split you will loose both longitudinal and torsional stiffness, and the board will not ride perfectly as designed.
Talking with Klem (from Venture), I came to understand how they make their splits end up with the same flex as their solids. My understanding is that both the splits and the solids have the same layup, but the core profiles and the arrangement of the two different wood types (softer poplar and stiffer ash) are changed to better support the loads of a splitboard.
So, a DIY Euphoria Split will not equal a Venture factory Euphoria Split. That said, this is a true pow specific board (indeed, it will not turn in non pow conditions), so perhaps the loss of stiffness will not be an real issue...

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/