Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Capita Indoor survival and ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:47 am 

I have been lurking on this site for over a year now and drooling. Sharing the stoke with my girlfriend almost daily! The time has finally come for us to split boards!! The split kits and skins arrive today and we are unbelievably stoked! She picked up an almost unused Indoor Survival Flat Kick last night for a song! I planned on using my Lib Tech Snow Mullet 160.
Before I cut perfectly good boards in half I wanted to practice sooo my old Ride fleetwood met the saw last night. It went perfectly, smooth as butter. I highly recommend Freud blades! The next step was to start marking binding placement on my Lib and her Capita. When I got to mine I was shocked, it was broken just after the front binding! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I don't know how I didn't notice this. I loved that board and was looking forward to many days in the BC with it! So now the search begins for a new deck for me. Sorry no pics right now, I will update with photos shortly.

Post subject: Re: Capita Indoor survival and ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:50 am 

Call up Lib Tech, couldn't hurt and you never know what a good company can do for you...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:00 am 

We have a local shop that I am going to take it to. One of the guys that works there is super cool and has helped us out before with similar situations. I am keeping my fingers crossed but also on the lookout for a new deck. I am still unbelievably stoked! I can't wait to finish this project!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:35 am 

As of right now I have not heard from my local shop on the status of the broken Snow Mullet. Sooooo I was getting antsy and found a Salomon Sick Stick on ebay and got a SMOKIN deal on it! :headbang: It should be here next week, and then let the building begin!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:31 am 

Just a warning, somebody has been trying to sell a Salomon Sick Stick here in Bellingham and I went to check it out with my friend who is looking for a split. The board was super soft, as it's already not that stiff of a board to begin with. Like, wouldn't hande well in anything but untouched powder soft. It may have been something about the way the guys split it, that particular board, or that whole Sick Stick line, I'm not sure, but you may want to consider a stiffer board to cut if you will be riding variable conditions at all. Or at least consult someone who has cut one before, and see what they recommend.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 pm 

Thanks for the heads up. I plan on riding it next week to get a feel for it before I split it to get a feel for it. Can anyone out there who has split one comment on it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:09 pm 

i loved my sick stick before i split it....i feel its a little too soft since the cut though...breaks my heart i loved that board!

chris