Post subject: 156 Arbor Push for my wife is finally done
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:15 am
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 am Posts: 200
So this is my second DIY board. My first was a 163 Nitro Pantera which I learned a few things on. This project was a long time coming. My goal was to provide some stance options for her as she is new to powder here in Bend, OR. The terrain here is pretty mild, and she is keen on joining me doing some mild BC stuff. I considered a ton of different options, even using quiverkiller inserts but I ultimately decided to just T-Nut everything. Thanks for all the input and direction. Here are some photos of my completed board.
Some say swiss cheese, but I see beauty
Was fortunate enough to get a pair of ladies bindings by rughty
As I said before I made stance options so I could also have universal pucks
Instead of sanding, before the epoxy hardened completely I cut off the tops of the epoxy with a blade.
I also found a clip instead of buying the karakoram ....... only $3, not that I don't support what they are doing. After my cut then putting on the hooks, I still had a mild space between the top binding and the nose, so I put the clip there specifically to draw in the top section. Worked awesome!
The t-nuts actually fit perfectly through the deck and were flush with the top sheet. I also used the sparurethane to seal the wood around the t-nuts prior to inserting 'em. Really stoked on how it turned out.