Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2008 Rome Design
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:48 am 

Wanted to add to the great collection of boards to split on SB.com . I just finished a 2008 Rome Design. It has an all wood core with carbon fiber top sheet and a base that supposedly does not need wax. I was a little afraid that the board might unload and the camber would increase (this is a camber only board) once it was cut. I measured before and after and nothing moved :thumpsup:

Set this board up with the Voile Universal kit (universal puck not mounted at time of picture) and put in a few extra t-nuts for stance adjustment. Hardware cost not including the brand new Rome Design: $225.

Overall, I'd say this board should make a good splitboard. The base was a little on the thin side, but hopefully it will hold up.

Maybe SpaceAntelope156 can post a review once he gets some time on it in the BC.

Post subject: Re: 2008 Rome Design
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:56 pm 

Sick work KEF! Thanks again for all your help with this project! The board looks sick, the cut is tight, and it feels great on snow!

After admiring how sick the board looks for a week I finally took it out for a couple of tours this weekend, and it rode great. I chose this board because it is light, and I know I love the feel of Rome and twin shaped boards. All I have to say is this is a huge upgrade from the voile i had been using previously, and I am stoked to get out again tomorrow!

It does seem that the camber did increase a bit though after the cut. Although this isnt ideal, I love how poppy it feels, and Im used to having to work the thighs in pow anyway...

I would definitely recommend anyone looking to split a board in CO hit up KEF. Great guy, and does great work!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:46 pm 

Thanks SpaceAntelope! Glad to hear you like it. Let me know if you want to get out for a tour. Went out for a ride last Friday at Berthoud with another guy who's board I split. Same story, had a board he liked and wanted to ride it in the BC. We had a blast! 7 laps in one day, so much fun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:17 am 

check out the pics in the quickhits section of Romes website!

http://www.romesnowboards.com/