Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: please help spare t-nuts and rivets sizes and materials
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:19 pm 

Hi all,

Hope you can help. I'm need to source spare t-nuts for pucks and touring bracket mounting and also rivets for tip and tail clips.

Can anyone tell me the size and materials of each that I need to get? I know the t-nuts are M6 but that's it and I don't have any lying around to measure. Are they brass?

I've just had my first go at DIY splitting. I made 3 boards and all turned out none too bad. The first was a beater though to practice on and now I want to remove the hardware and use it on another one. I figure I can use everything again bar the t-nuts and rivets.

Cheers,
Chris.

Post subject: Re: please help spare t-nuts and rivets sizes and materials
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:28 pm 

You can call Voile, they are super cool with getting spare parts, screws, templetes or whatever, I have found that their customer service for that kind of stuff is superb. The t-bolts can be found at your local hardware store if your willing to search a little(you can even experiment with smaller sized t-bolts and such)

Post subject: Re: please help spare t-nuts and rivets sizes and materials
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:26 am 

t nuts are stainless steel. I have some lying around that I can send you. How many are you looking for? Not sure where to get the rivets because I haven't really looked for them. The rivet size is 3/16 and I am sure that you could find them in a lowes, home depot or specialty shop like fastenall, grainger, mcmaster carr or r&e fastener. The only problem with doing this is that you would also have to find the spacer that Voile supplies with their rivets required to keep those rivets up off the top of the board. Voile would be the best place I would think.