Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My first splits: Nitro Saber Pow 181 and K2 Eldorado 158
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 am 

By the end of the season 2009/2010 I came to the decision it would be a good idea to jump onto the splitboard wagon. After many years of doing the snowshoe thing it was time to switch. I had all summer long to do a thorough research on this site (a big thank you to you guys!!) and ordering all the proper parts from our beloved suppliers.

Lucky me I found a Nitro ST for little money in a local shop that would be perfect for this job. The second board would be for my wife - a K2 Eldorado 158 I bought in Calgary back in 1998. After the candidates were chosen and the research done the process was pretty much straightforward.

I'm very happy with the results and the first outing was fun! My only piece of advice I'd like to give is to mount the Uni Pucks instead of the Split Kit Pucks (whatever you're missing you can order in the Spare Parts section on the Voilé site). This gives you a bit of a leeway if your drilling is not top notch. Much easier to align them for a smooth sliding of the bindings.

Thanks again for this awesome community!