Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Water Jet in Huntington Beach,Ca.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 pm 

So last season I bought a solid hovercraft for dirt cheap with the plans of splitting it myself since I have way more confidence in my workmanship than Jones snowboards. I'm visiting family for the holiday and decided to take the deck around town to get quotes on a water-jet cut. First place I took it to my jaw dropped when he gave me the quote of, are you ready?, 10 dollars. Place seemed legit but I needed another quote. Second place wanted $70. After some thought I decided to go for the cheaper option. I'm not gonna lie I'm a bit nervous. But it's gotta come out as good if not better than a circular saw. Plus it's gonna cost less than a new carbide blade. Fingers crossed. If all goes well I'll post the companies info.

Post subject: Re: Water Jet in Huntington Beach,Ca.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:17 pm 

Please do, I'd be way interested.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:01 pm 

Total success. $25 out the door. A little more than quoted because he had to make a jig for alignment. Only thing I have noticed is the gap in the last 8 inches of tail is a small small fraction bigger than the rest of the cut. I'm talking a 1/64" if that. Smaller than any split I've ever seen. Very minor and I'm completely satisfied. Here is the info:

Hydrocut Water-jet
714-841-1803
http://www.hydrocutwaterjet.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:11 pm 

That's an awesome deal. I got my hovercraft waterjet cut for $62, but I had it back in a couple of hours. He actually finished it in 2.5 hours. I agree, it's better to spit it yourself than spend $700 for just a board and no interface kit. I spent below $700 for the board, voile kit, waterjet cut, and mount.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:55 am 

Drivin to SoCal for xmas from Bend and am going to take a board down to have split. Anybody in the area feel free to send a board with me if your doing a DIY.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:18 pm 

Hey I'll be in socal over the holidays as well and was going to get a board cut at another place for $50. The place I was quoted is out in Norco which is a bit further inland, but I don't mind taking it out to Huntington. Maybe we can group up together and get the boards split?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:15 pm 

Burner wrote:
Hey I'll be in socal over the holidays as well and was going to get a board cut at another place for $50. The place I was quoted is out in Norco which is a bit further inland, but I don't mind taking it out to Huntington. Maybe we can group up together and get the boards split?

I'll be getting 2 done. Hopefully they are open the week following xmas.