Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spark Blaze... Who's got em?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:10 am 

shipped and should be here on the 27th!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:25 am 

Bent Gate in Golden Colorado has them. I got a pair yesterday before their sale ended. The base plates are a thing of beauty!

I compared them (side by side) to the Voile Light-Rail, and they were lighter and nicer quality than the Voile. I am not sold on the new strap and backs, but time will tell. Good work Will!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 pm 

Over here in Australia the Cornice Store just got the Baze bindings in stock!!

http://www.thecornicestore.com.au/produ ... c6v9pq4680

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 am 

My dealer has recieved mine last week in Zurich :disco: . Going to get em Thursday, still dont know which to go: green or black color?

Just waiting for Venture Storm to ship in, then it is a choice of Jones Solution or Storms for my first splitty.

Cheers,

Rex :headbang:

Venture Storm-R 161, Spark R&D Blaze, Burton Driver X boots, ABS Avy 15/30L backpack, Avalung, Mammut Pulse Avy Beacon, BCA carbon probe. Solid board = Burton T6 159 ICS Ferrari Red, Burton C60 EST Bindings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:12 pm 

Glad to hear everyone is getting (or close to getting) their Blazes!

I went with the green baseplates. I wasn't planning on it; thought the green looked odd in the photos. But after seeing them "in the flesh" at the local store, the green grew on me. Looks pretty nice on my board.

See y'all out there...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:22 pm 

Green, shipped today, will see next Wed............:bananas: :drool: :disco: :headbang: :rock: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 am 

Got em in black, finally along with my first splitty Venture Storm 161.

Pretty stoked, mechanism seems great regarding the aluminium bits, however as I played with the set up, my back leg binding ankle strap's rachet thumb mechanism (springs under came undone) came loose. I dont know the Fuse Bent Metal straps and ratchets but anyone have suggestions? (If the previous are better, can one order the strap and ratchet system separately?). I am bringing it back to my dealer for replacement and will ask for an alternative Strap/Ratchets from Spark, since the ratchets seem not so bomb proof. I want everything tight up on the mountain.

Cheers,
Rex

Venture Storm-R 161, Spark R&D Blaze, Burton Driver X boots, ABS Avy 15/30L backpack, Avalung, Mammut Pulse Avy Beacon, BCA carbon probe. Solid board = Burton T6 159 ICS Ferrari Red, Burton C60 EST Bindings

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:22 am 

Rex wrote:
anyone have suggestions?
Since you had a double post, I'll do the same. I got in there with a knife and put it back into place. Little bit of force, but its set now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:31 am 

Spark just posted a response to this on their blog:

http://www.sparkrandd.com/2010/10/ankle-buckle-issue/

Posted on October 29, 2010

Hey all,
We’ve had some reports of the springs in the ankle buckles coming unclipped, which causes the buckle to flop around. The buckle on the left below is normal, while the one on the right has an unclipped spring:

Upon investigation it seems that our supplier either used the wrong springs, or assembled the buckles incorrectly. Arrrrgh! They are currently evaluating the situation and determining the best course of action. We will be replacing the buckles from the first round of blazes that were distributed, and you’ll be able to keep the current buckles as spares. We don’t have a definite time line on the replacements availability yet, but will update this post as soon as possible. The buckles are completely functional without the springs. As a temporary fix you can re-clip the springs. This can be done with the buckle on the strap, in the photos below it was taken off of the strap for clarity. Grab something you can pry with like a nail, screw, drill bit, punch etc. Pinch the buckle to open it up:

Insert your prying tool from the side and get under the spring:

Pry up on the spring until it’s reclipped on the crossbar:

If you need replacement buckles please send an email to buckles@sparkrandd.com including your shipping address and where you purchased your bindings. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We very much appreciate your business and support!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:59 am 

Anyone know when the new touring bracket from sparks is comin out? Im gettin antsy with my new split project Im Gonna combine karakoram clips with the sparks brackets and make the ultmate multi company split.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:10 pm 

I'd like to join in and say I just picked up a pair of the Blaze bindings from Prior here in Whistler.

I am super excited to see the difference compared to the Voile slider plate set-up I just switched from!
I also had the ratchet buckle spring issue. It was easy to fix. And I found the bindings hard to slide onto the pucks. I solved that by applying wax to the pucks and it seems to have worked.

I do, however, have another issue and I am hoping that I can get some ideas to solve it.
When I put the bindings into tour mode the binding's base plate does not rest flush to the climbing heel bracket. This is because of the Voile touring bracket's shape. The binding does not have enough material machined out where it meets the touring bracket. Because of this there is a substantial amount of torque/force being applied to the touring bracket in a way that is definitely not intended!

Here are some pictures to describe what I'm talking about.

[img]PA295393[/img] - or I would post pictures if I could figure out how!

Minus the pics what I was going to ask is: would it do any major harm to file a notch into the two spots on the bracket where the binding contacts so to have the binding sitting flat on the board and removing the stress to the touring bracket?

Oh, I guess I should introduce myself.
I've been snowboarding for almost 20 years and in the last several years I have been dabbling into riding in the BC. First on snowshoes and then 3 winters ago I bought a 170 Prior Khyber Split. Yes, I said 170. I am 6'6" and 240lbs. I have been on Prior boards now for about 7 years because I can get custom sizing for my giant size and riding needs. And they last under me for 2 full seasons of thrashings unlike other manufacturers of boards! I am still a novice and very conservative when it comes to riding in the BC. I do have all the gear and have taken a 3 day avy course.
I am also a snowboard instructor/coach/staff trainer for WhistlerBlackcomb and have been for a decade. I will also admit to learning how to ski 4 years ago so that I could become a dual certified instructor.
Anyways, I am stoked on these binding because it will give me more motivation to get out into the BC. Just recently I received a good motivational kick in the pants from watching Deeper. I don't plan on hitting crazy lines like that any time soon but it has given me the stoke to get out there and skin my ass off for turns! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:26 pm 

I got a box in the mail today, no Blazes inside... But there was a pair of Iggy I's! :bananas: Props to Forrest aka. HikeforTurns, thanks mang!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:22 pm 

Good to here. :doobie: I hope you get as many good pow days as I did with them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next