Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karakoram?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:23 pm 

I've never used the retention methods for the locking lever either and had no problems in the 5 trips on them so far. I heard that there were some concerns with this from a few though. Real, or imagined so, that's why the redundant "security".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:54 pm 

I hope to see someone with these at the Canuck Splitfest later this month, as they sound pretty damn cool. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:33 pm 

Review from Ralph Backstrom:

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2011/01/10/gear-review-karakoram-split-30-splitboard-binding/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:51 am 

Read more like an explanation of how they work, not really a review. Be nice to get feedback from dedicated SPLITTER's out there really putting these things to the test. All I've read so far is how pretty they look when they show up in the mail. No offense to ^^^ that guy but I interpret that as "these guys gave me some free bindings and you idiots should buy them". I quite honestly think most those guys spend the majority of there time riding resorts and occassionally hit the BC. I want to hear feedback from guys getting out and none of that sidecountry bullshit.

Can they take a lickin and keep on ticken year after year, day after day in arctic cold, etc. Let's go ladies get out there and put this shit to the test and stop posting reviews of how pretty they look. And what about all these guys behind the scenes I hear have sold them...why, give us an explanation.

What about the latch sytem to replace the chinese hooks. Those look like nothing but problems. I hear when Wally saw the system his response was....I've got six of those things sitting on my desk, you don't think we thought of that. Things always sound great in theory, but theory doesn't always play out the way you would like when get out and experiment. I'm also curious, the moset essential apect of the voile system is that it's self cleaning....how does this system compensate is it self cleaning.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:11 am 

Damn UTAH. Ralph Backstrom is an elite Squaw badass! I would expect that you also didn't know that Jeremy Jones rocks these in the Sierra BC as seen by bgnight! Until you get out and tour/ride with these things, everything you say is still just speculation...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:21 am 

UTAH wrote:
Read more like an explanation of how they work, not really a review. Be nice to get feedback from dedicated SPLITTER's out there really putting these things to the test. All I've read so far is how pretty they look when they show up in the mail. No offense to ^^^ that guy but I interpret that as "these guys gave me some free bindings and you idiots should buy them". I quite honestly think most those guys spend the majority of there time riding resorts and occassionally hit the BC. I want to hear feedback from guys getting out and none of that sidecountry bullshit.

Can they take a lickin and keep on ticken year after year, day after day in arctic cold, etc. Let's go ladies get out there and put this shit to the test and stop posting reviews of how pretty they look. And what about all these guys behind the scenes I hear have sold them...why, give us an explanation.

What about the latch sytem to replace the chinese hooks. Those look like nothing but problems. I hear when Wally saw the system his response was....I've got six of those things sitting on my desk, you don't think we thought of that. Things always sound great in theory, but theory doesn't always play out the way you would like when get out and experiment. I'm also curious, the moset essential apect of the voile system is that it's self cleaning....how does this system compensate is it self cleaning.....

Utah, I have talked to some guys who are using this system who are dedicated splitters. They seem to like it. It does look like a very sensible system. I've also toured with people using them in frigid temps (-10) and in two feet of fresh. No problems being reported. That said, I'm not rushing out to buy them. Maybe if/when the price comes down.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:39 am 

UTAH wrote:

Wow, dude, I dont think anyone massages Voiles nutsack more often than you.

Its no wonder Voile hasnt come up with the board clips when the guys are romping around on 10 year old swallowtails because they are "good enough". :doobie:

PS: The Karakoram board clips are the fucking bomb, unless maybe you have shitty cap construction. But massage away bro.. :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 am 

HikeforTurns wrote:
Its no wonder Voile hasnt come up with the board clips when the guys are romping around on 10 year old swallowtails because they are "good enough". :doobie:

This gets to the heart of the problem in splitboarding tech until 3 or 4 seasons ago, and in voile until last year (sort of...).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:14 pm 

You guys are too soft. Post some feedback, pros and cons, what do you like what could be better. I haven't read anything like this...just "got my bindings in the mail and they sure are pretty". Rughty you got to understand I don't ride resorts I ride backcountry, 2 different games. I'm not doubting Jeremy or Backstrom are off the hook sick riders, I just didn't read that as a review more of a here's how they work and you should buy them. Quite honestly I would rather hear the reviews of some of the guys on here who are getting out using the shit, can't find that anywhere....my bad I guess.

Yeah I get a little sick of the Voile bashing. True. Lately I've felt like I had to balance some of the shit that's been posted on here that isn't true and misrepresents both the company and misleads new guys getting in the game. Is Voile the sickest thing out there......far from it. I don't rub balls Hike for Turns just post honest feedback from lot's of day's out over the last ten years. Take it or leave it but it would be nice if you added to it, rather than being another over the internet pussy calling people names.

Call it as I see it boys. Please refer me to the part of that "review" where he gives honest feedback or point me in the direction of some reviews guys have put up where theyv'e been out more the 5 days. That's the shit the matters to me not who's riding them I could give a shit about that bromance type of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:38 pm 

I'll agree that the review is lacking, I just posted it to share the info. I have only gotten about 9 days thus far on my Karakorams so I'm not qualified to give a full review. Later in the season after I have also tried the Blaze/LT pin combo and compare I will have better info. But lets be honest, you arent going to buy the Karakoram setup regardless, so why even post in this thread?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:41 pm 

HikeforTurns wrote:

Quote:
This gets to the heart of the problem in splitboarding tech until 3 or 4 seasons ago, and in voile until last year (sort of...).

I don't understand this thinking. You guys don't have a fraction of the experience and know how that these hardcore guys have. These guys are the real deal. I get the chance to get out with some sick "pro" riders, they drop everything at the chance to get out and learn from guys like Brett and you guys just get on here and bash people and companies that have paved the road for companies like Karakorem and Jones. Shit these new companies are getting in the game 4th quarter with a 50 point lead and 10 seconds left on the clock. Everythings been essentially done for them...now all they need is guys who read a review like that and eat it up without thinking on their own.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 pm 

Quote:
I'll agree that the review is lacking, I just posted it to share the info. I have only gotten about 9 days thus far on my Karakorams so I'm not qualified to give a full review. Later in the season after I have also tried the Blaze/LT pin combo and compare I will have better info. But lets be honest, you arent going to buy the Karakoram setup regardless, so why even post in this thread?

I wouldn't buy them this year for sure. But I'm actually just getting to the stage in my life where I can start to afford shit like this. I've worked my ass off to get to this point and I'm not going to throw my hard earned money at just anything. I want good solid feedback and I'm definitely looking for shit thats going to last I'm not like some of you rich kids on here upgrading year to year my shit needs to handle lot's of days out year after year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:55 pm 

My main issue with Voile is they are behind the ball on updating their product. Im not ripping on these long time splitters (who I know are very knowledgable), just dont think they are doing the best they could businesswise. They need to lead by example, not wait for competition then come out with a new product before really putting some R&D into it. You seem to think that splitboarding wouldnt exist without Voile. Yeah, they pioneered the shit, but it was only a matter of time with the huge growth of backcountry skiing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next