The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voile Mountain Plate
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:57 pm 

:?:

Post subject: Light is right!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:05 pm 

At 1 pound how will you do any better! Probably not well suited to 50' hucks, anyone tried? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:59 pm 

Very minimal, but with a surprising amount of support. Fast and easy on-off and doesn't ice up. Takes a little tinkering to get dialed.

de prisa de prisa rumbo perdido

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:14 am 

dumb Q:

do these plates fit on Burton hardware?

Post subject: voile on burton
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:11 am 

No these will not fit on burton unless you custom fabricate a plate to put them on. These bindings have seperate toe and heel pieces that mount to the Voile slider track and use it as the binding base. Check with Bomber in Colorado to see if their binding will work. It is sexy! On second thought being close to the Alps I bet you have more choices for plate bindings. Here in the USA very few mainstream riders use plates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:28 am 

Thanks man. Can I ask then what bindings are people using on the Burton's splits if not these or Bomber's stock?

As for gear in Europe - yes, there is heaps of it but not so easy from where i am to shoot down the road and browse a few shops. But once you work out what you want (via online research in the office instead of working ;)) you can just go and get it. As for buying gear in the UK - forget it. Small selection of brands, not all models are carried even if they have the brand and then they charge way too much for it. And that is for normal boarding gear, not even splits. The word splitboard is a dirty one. I have not seen nor heard of anyone interested in split gear in the UK neither retailers or riders of internet forums. Time to change all that :)

Post subject: brief question from the new, inexperienced, and naive....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:01 pm 

Being quite new to this, I was curious how easy it is to get this on/off a pair of hardshell boots (Koflachs to be specific).
Also, if anyone had any experience with this plate and a soft mountaineering boot, perhaps something like a Sportive Nuptse, k4s...etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:40 pm 

Any soft mountaineering boot and plates will suck. I tried my Technica leather boots once in plates for giggles and can tell you that the toeside is doable, barely, but the heelside is nigh on impossible! You have no edging power with leather boots and plates. Possibly using them in strap bindings would work, but why kill yourself when there are other better boots to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:55 pm 

I used the voile mtn plates on my splitboard (with koflach degres) and they sucked for the descent. For the ascent it was nice to have these lightweight bindings to make carrying the board a bit less cumbersome. Skinning in these bindings was super nice, you have more room to move your feet about, compared to strap on bindings where the bindings add a lot of weight and take up space in your set up. The bindings absolutely sucked for going downhill.. but i think that was because of my boots, not the bindings.. the bindings were really rigid but the buts only came up to my ankles.. bad news..

overall- keep the lightweight/slender mtn plate bindings, get AT hard shell boots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:56 pm 

I used the voile mtn plates on my splitboard (with koflach degres) and they sucked for the descent. For the ascent it was nice to have these lightweight bindings to make carrying the board a bit less cumbersome. Skinning in these bindings was super nice, you have more room to move your feet about, compared to strap on bindings where the bindings add a lot of weight and take up space in your set up. The bindings absolutely sucked for going downhill.. but i think that was because of my boots, not the bindings.. the bindings were really rigid but the buts only came up to my ankles.. bad news..

overall- keep the lightweight/slender mtn plate bindings, get AT hard shell boots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:33 am 

the work fine with my mlt4 dinafit boots... y supouse they will work ok with any other rigid sole mountainering boots

Ra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:10 am 

bcrider,
what are those little blue plastic ovals of two sizes and that other thing above the pins in your pic? They're sitting on my shelf threatening to get lost after I used the plates without them. Also, I know this might be sacrilege, but has anyone tried to use the voile plate on a solid board?
I got such a great improvement (without giving up the boogie) with my dynafit boot/plate binding set-up holding an edge in the icy east that I'm thinking of picking up an extra pair for my solid board.

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:39 pm 

hi sfl,

The blue things plug the screw slots I believe. This helps keep the snow and ice out.

As for putting them on a solid board. I don't think you could without some sort of custom shim or plate. Try calling or emailing Voile, they'll know. You might also consider a regular bomber plate binding (not their splitboard version).

Good luck! 8)