Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to stop Cants slipping
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:36 pm 

The last 2 seasons I've been riding with my T2's and found the stance seemed cumbersome despite it being the same stance I used to use with my softies. I also had pain on the inner side of my calves where the top of my T2's would rub. This season I've decided to dial in my setup for hard boots.

Being slightly knock kneed anyway I ordered a set of Voile cants that work out to be around 5 degrees of cant. Voile supplied the cants with a nice rubber matting that fits just like the rubber matting under the pucks. Yesterday was my second day out on them and the difference to my comfort level of my stance is amazing. Cants are definately the way to go for me.

When I installed the cants I used some loctite to keep the screws snug. However after only a couple of laps I noticed that my pucks had come loose and the cants had shifted position. I see that this is going to keep recurring due to the cants. Does anybody have a good way of securing the cants? I was thinking about gluing them in place to the pucks but if I needed to change my stance at any point that could be problematic.

Cheers

Steve

Post subject: Re: How to stop Cants slipping
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:06 pm 

My experience here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4784&hilit=voile+cants

But in the end they still move around a bit and they crack the discs after prolonged use.

Spark R&D is working on a new solution, but it won't be available for another season or so and it won't be cheap, but it will be flippin sweet. :headbang:

A preview here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5959

UB

P.S. There is a search function and this has been discussed many many times.

Post subject: Re: How to stop Cants slipping
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:30 pm 

Thanks for the links UB. I like the installation instructions. Pretty much what I did but I had to fork out for some better quality beer (Fat Tire) as I have no adhoc beer bong.

the Spark R&D quote has me excited about what may be to come.:
Quote:
but there is another revision or 2 we are working on, but let's just say the lateral flex issue of harboots while riding in board mode will be a thing of the past.

I just can't see the cants not slipping without having dedicated bolt holes. I'll try the current setup for a while though to see if I can get them to stick. I do have access to a machine shop and a machinist that I might be able to ask "unofficially" to have him make me a dedicated set of pucks with a cant angle already installed if I can't get the current setup to work.

I did try the search function for "cant" but I got a little lazy in filtering out the hundreds of threads that use cant instead of can't.