Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Catek / Voile' splitboard binding
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:00 am 

I've been riding Catek FRII pros for the last few months and have been really happy with them. I like the adjustable cant, and I was wondering how it would work on a splitboard.
I made an adapter that fits the nut for the Catek kingpin, this fits under the Voile' slider plate and locks into the oval hole to heep it from moving. to keep the binding from spinning, and to be able to adjust cant I added 4 cups for the set screws to seat into. The Catek plate is about the same size as the Voile' plate, so this gives real easy access to the pin while in board mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:18 am 

I've been waiting to see that set up for a while. Looks great. How's the weight? Is the pivot pin the only attachment point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:09 am 

I haven't weighed them yet, but they are pretty light I'm leaving off the power plate and the the disc from the original setup, and replacing it with the Voile' plate and the custom adapter, so I'm figuring they weigh the same as the original Cateks.
The center pivot bolt (kingpin) is the only attachment point, the 4 set screws are tightened into cups that hold them in place and keep the binding from spinning on the center bolt. I like the fact that they can be put back onto a regular board with a half turn on the set screws and removing the center bolt.