Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Toe Cap straps

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Toe Cap straps
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:13 pm 

Has anyone tried the toe cap straps everyone seems to be getting? How are they when skinning? Too bulky? Any suggestions on what company to look into?
-Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:32 am 

Cap Straps = Dope.

They are awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:23 am 

I have the ride convertable toe straps, just tried them in cap mode this last weekend. I like! It seems to me that the cap straps are much less likely to cut off circulation to your toes, which improves comfort and keeps frost bite away. In ride mode they help push your foot in to the highback making for a solid feel, and are nice to your toes for the same reasons listed above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:48 am 

I am new to splitting, but I have had great success with the cap straps riding the resorts as well as with the splitting I have done to date.

I made the switch to a cap strap because the old school toe straps on my low end bindings were hurting and numbing too much.

If you are the least bit inclined to try them out, get them and you will love them.

Hunter

Post subject: Re: Toe Cap straps
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:17 pm 

I have a really good piece of advice regarding Toe Cap Straps (Burton's) that I'm really surprised hasn't been posted here yet. I can't take credit for it cause it was passed on to me by a friend but I gotta say its awesome....OK, drum role....

Flip your Cap Straps upside down!! i.e. switch the one from you right foot to your left and vice versa.

I always had the issue of the Cap Straps popping up and ending up on top of the toes instead of in front + on top. This usually happened when punching through a crust or just snagging the cap strap on something. now that their upside down, it never happens anymore. Give it a try!

Note: I think Burton attempted to fix the sliding up problem with the "Non slip cap strap" in later models but I dont think it was succesful?!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:00 am 

I have been using a pair of o8-o9 burton cap straps this season and all i can say is WOW!!! sickest toe strap i have ever used... I used to use technine capstraps and they were ok, but these are great!!!! Older models used to slip up like matty was saying, but the new burton staps use a sticky rubber coating on the inside of the strap so they DO NOT slip! I started the season using over-the-toe straps then got these... Huge difference to say the least!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:57 am 

neilprovo wrote:
I have been using a pair of o8-o9 burton cap straps this season and all i can say is WOW!!! sickest toe strap i have ever used... I used to use technine capstraps and they were ok, but these are great!!!! Older models used to slip up like matty was saying, but the new burton staps use a sticky rubber coating on the inside of the strap so they DO NOT slip! I started the season using over-the-toe straps then got these... Huge difference to say the least!!

Agreed, I put a pair of the new burton caps on my Sparks and couldn't be happier :thumpsup:

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:28 am 

96avs01 wrote:
neilprovo wrote:

Agreed, I put a pair of the new burton caps on my Sparks and couldn't be happier :thumpsup:

I'm about to do the same thing except I bought the slimmer version of Burton ones. I figured for the backcountry lighter and less bulky is better, hope they're not less effective or poorly constructed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:36 am 

Ecobrad wrote:
I'm about to do the same thing except I bought the slimmer version of Burton ones. I figured for the backcountry lighter and less bulky is better, hope they're not less effective or poorly constructed.

I don't think there will be any issues. Did have to hit up some local board shops to get extra sets of burton ladder and ratchet straps as the Burton design uses narrower straps.

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:11 pm 

Burton toe caps rule and I've found no need to swap left for right.

That is all. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:04 pm 

96avs01 wrote:
Ecobrad wrote:

I don't think there will be any issues. Did have to hit up some local board shops to get extra sets of burton ladder and ratchet straps as the Burton design uses narrower straps.

Rider service sent me ladders and ratchet straps for free and without hassle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:55 pm 

matty_mcd wrote:
Flip your Cap Straps upside down!! i.e. switch the one from you right foot to your left and vice versa.

I did this with my Ride Deltas. Even though they are Convertable I never ride them as toe caps. I get too much toe lift. And the strap can still slip up. However I will still recommend them to others. They are comfortable and pull back tight when you tighten the top strap enough to just hold the board on, fully tighten the toe strap, then tighten off the top strap.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 pm 

ooh. I have a pair of the first year's Burton cap straps. I call 'em "Crap straps" because they always slip off my back boot. Might try the swapping technique because I'm not really big on paying $40 for another pair of "new improved"