The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plate bindings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:59 pm 

:?:

Post subject: What works
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:30 am 

The only plate bindings that will work on Voile slider tracks are the ones that have a full 360 degree adjustment, like the discontinued Burton plates. I used a homemade plate for my Fast stepins that I used for 2 years, but it was way too heavy. A 3/8 inch of aluminum the length of the slider is a great riser but it adds up! I got brave for this year and drilled holes in my slider tracks to mount the toe/heel pieces directly, 2 holes at the back behind the last holes, and elongate 2 holes for the toe pieces. Wish I did that at first!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:01 am 

Does anyone know of a hard boot binding that would fit the Voile slider and also directly onto a normal solid board. I suppose that would be a hard boot binding that has a normal dial base plate. And also, it needs to fit the annoying Burton 3-hole pattern as well.

I want to be able to switch my hard boot set up between my solid board and also my split... whenever I actually get a split that is. In the meantime, I want to experiment with hardboot riding a little.

I also want to do this preferably without any home-mods as well.

I have found this one and it fits the Burton 2-hole ok and so to I hope Voile sliders. It is just a little expensive. And it may require some new holes on the slider if I decide to remove the blue base plate section.

Post subject: Buy the Voile mtn. plate
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:58 pm 

If you are using the toe bail type of binding, use the Voile mountain plate on the split. It is cheap enough to get. Then buy whatever plate binding fits your regular board and start there. Drilling holes in plate bindings is iffy at best. You could do like someone here has done and use the toe/heel pieces off of a burton plate and mount them directly to the slider track. I've done that with Snowpro step-ins so I've got step-ins on my slider tracks, used with Raichle snowboard specific plastic boots. If you were stateside, I'd mail you my mtn. plates to try, but, alas, post across the ocean is a little more expensive! Oh, btw, that pogo binding will bolt up to the slider track, too, and pogo builds good stuff, so the quality will be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:19 am 

Hi Jon, thanks for at least thinking about letting me trial your plates. Very nice of you. :)

I have asked around about this Pogo binding and it looks like it may meet all my needs. It would be really cool if the silver toe and heel parts could be screwed directly onto the Voile slider (same as with the Burton race plate mod you mentioned).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:39 am 

Jon,
Just curious about the Pogo gear...i've been drooling over their swallowtails fer a while...does anyone in NA carry their gear?

Post subject: Pogo gear....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:53 pm 

I don't personally know. I've seen one of their carve sticks and it was very cool. I could nose around a little, or find a link to their site, possibly. Oh, splat, the toe/heel piece only works if your boot sole length is short enough. I've got Raichle SB boots mondo size27 (US 9) and you couldn't go too much longer than that w/o running into issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:01 pm 

Cheers Jon. I am a little foot (US8) and will be using Dynafits, so hopefully no problem.

It is great to get your thoughts though, really appreciate that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:41 pm 

hm! Jon, I'm riding with a 6 year old blax clone plate and Dynafit boots. I never had any
issues and my feet are size 11 (285mm).

Post subject: Different topic, franz!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:06 am 

The toe/heel piece issue I was speaking to was if you removed them and put them directly onto the Voile slider track. If you do that you run into length issues with larger sized boots, especially if you use step-in heel pieces and snowboard specific boots. I'm at the end of my slider tracks with my setup using the Fast system toe/heel pieces with a size 9/ mondo27 foot, and I drilled extra holes in the slider tracks to use all 4 attaching screws for the heel piece. It's a cool setup in my mind, especially the bling factor of putting the board in split mode and stepping into your bindings and skinning off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:29 pm 

Hi Jon,
I've been skulking around the POGO website for years. I was hoping for some first hand experience :)
One of these days i might just have to breakdown and buy...
Gary

Post subject: I love the pogo longboard!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:40 pm 

I just saw the Pogo longboard on their site Friday afternoon. Whoa, did it get me thinking about the perfect backcountry/do it all type snowboard! I like mine narrower in the waist with a stubbier tail like a Donek Axis. The hardpack carving pow floatin' do it all one board to go.... wherever! Don't steal my idea!