Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A couple days on my bent metal bindings and I'm very happy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:24 pm 

I ended up picking up some older Bent Metal bindins off of ebay for pretty cheap, about $60. I was using my burton missions and switching back and forth between my resort board and my split board. This was a pain and I wanted something cheap and light that I could leave on my splitboard.

I don't have a scale but the bent metal bindins are noticably lighter than my '05 burton missions. They also feel much stiffer. I don't know if my missions are getting old or something but they seem to be flexing quite a bit at the base and I don't get any of that from the BM bindings.

I also really like how the forward lean is done on the BM bindins. It's extremely simple and very fast to change. It's a chunk of polyurethane mounted off center on the high back. All you have to do is spin it to change to 1 of your 4 different choices for forward lean. Some might say this is limited adjustment but I find that it works out really well. I set it to no forward lean on the way up and then spin the block for max forward lean on the way down.

The only negative I have found is that the straps are no where near as comfortable as the ones on my mission. There's a whole lot less padding and it causes pressure points on my feet when I set them really tight. I'm using last years Northwave Legend boots. I think I'm going to look into using different straps but so far it hasn't really been that much of an issue. I just tighten them until it hurts and them back them off a notch or two.

from the ebay ad:

mounted up on my voile: