Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Spark Magento Review - THE Best Splitboard Bindings
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:55 pm 

Full review here: http://mtnweekly.com/spark-randd-magento-splitboardbinding-62366

Post subject: Re: My Spark Magento Review - THE Best Splitboard Bindings
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 pm 

:thatrocks:

Totally agree and great review. My Afterburners are a game changer in the most serious way!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:43 am 

any problem with snow clogging up the hollowed out base plate? I'm worried- especially with tahoe cement

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:45 pm 

tomtnt wrote:
any problem with snow clogging up the hollowed out base plate? I'm worried- especially with tahoe cement

I have yet to have any problems, I tested them last winter at Mt. Baker in some wetter heavier snow and then all spring up on Teton Pass in Jackson, WY.

I found that clicking the two bases together was able to shed the snow each time.

As Gormley mentioned they are a true game changer!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:41 pm 

got the afterburner recently and this thing is so simple. i can see myself having no problem converting in heavy snow or wind in super cold temp. also ive noticed that touring bracket is stiffer compare to my old blaze+LTpin set up i ditched. new ratchets and straps on these things are beautiful as well. overall, well worth the money.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:58 pm 

[quote="Mike Hardaker"

[/quote]

pops bindings off in 10 seconds, spends a lifetime fumbling with K-clips.
fuckin K-clips, such garbage.

Hat's off to Will, a true innovator of the splitboard gear, excited to see what comes from r&d in the future. I might have to save my pennies and get a soft boot set up as well next winter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:16 pm 

[/quote]

spends a lifetime fumbling with K-clips.
fuckin K-clips, such garbage.

[/quote]

you shut your mouth. thats what jones rides and what he rides i ride.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:38 pm 

These mountain weekly reviews are too much. Yes, the spark bindings are great, but all you do is post glowing reviews of gear you got to test. A real review lists positives and negatives of a product. And while yes, these are great bindings, there are still a few things that they could improve on. Mountain weekly just seems like a publication that will stroke any new product that they are given. This definitely makes these reviews seem far less credible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 pm 

shredgnar wrote:
These mountain weekly reviews are too much. Yes, the spark bindings are great, but all you do is post glowing reviews of gear you got to test. A real review lists positives and negatives of a product. And while yes, these are great bindings, there are still a few things that they could improve on. Mountain weekly just seems like a publication that will stroke any new product that they are given. This definitely makes these reviews seem far less credible.

Like Shredgnar on Jones?

181 Venture Storm Solid and Split
173 Rossi Race DIY Swallowtail Split

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:03 am 

How many "Official Reviews" do I post? Am I a blogger or news source? I just offer advice on products that I have experience with. I'm truthful and can tell you what I like and don't like about any product in our little niche of a niche market.

Mtn Weekly posts glowing "Reviews" of hundreds of products, and then at the bottom of their article, they post links to stores where the items can be purchased, sometimes they even advertise for evo in their review. Go ahead, go to this highly regarded news source and find me one, just one, bad review, or even a single complaint about a product that they have reviewed. This is out of hundreds of "Reviews".

They aren't reviews, they are advertisements. You can read all about how the FTC feels about it here: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/reporter/adverti ... ment.shtml

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:55 pm 

Taylor wrote:
shredgnar wrote:

Like Shredgnar on Jones?

Maybe one of these would help you out for all the sh*t talking.
http://mtnweekly.com/squatstrap-review-60173

I am very selective on the gear we review for the site. It's not a hard process, go to OR and SIA meet with brands find the gear that looks like it's going to be the raddest for what we like to do, request gear, write review. We could post more negative reviews but we would rather send the gear back if it sucks instead of calling the company, friends and advertisers out on a shitty product. One hand feeds the other.

These however are garbage, worst of all I actually bought a pair:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:05 am 

Am I talking shit or just saying something you don't want to hear?

Quote:
One hand feeds the other.
and that's the problem. Buy hey, make your money however you want bud.

Spamming a public forum with your reviews to generate traffic to your site isn't a crime, just be ready to be called out for it.

And if you are gonna claim something is the "Best" in a "Review" maybe you should compare it to other products, or at least review a few of the other offerings on the market.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:44 am 

Cartman's right, notwithstanding his blinding Jones affinity. Gear-for-advertising quid-pro-quo reviews subvert the very idea of an objective gear review. I neither trust nor read them (and, regardless, have found them to be substantively bankrupt).

Independent riders--those who ride and destroy gear, who understand relationships between design attributes and performance characteristics, and who have no real stake in how they portray the gear--are the best source for the most objective gear reviews... Like on this forum.

181 Venture Storm Solid and Split
173 Rossi Race DIY Swallowtail Split